DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Ocho Rios, Jamaica at Night

Went there on holiday once. Went to draw money out at an ATM outside the bank, security guy standing there with a pump action shotgun. I asked him if he was expecting trouble. He said he was there to see I wasn't robbed at the machine. He indicated that once the money was in my pocket/ wallet or whatever and I was about 20-30 ft away his protection ceased. I went on to have a great holiday but never ventured out when it was dark. Locals had to pay to use the beach there whereas tourists could come and go as they pleased. The trip was in 2004 for my daughter's wedding. I wonder if things have changed.

They were probably getting ready to replenish the machine. Not unusual for any location, Jamaica or otherwise. Guy was probably playing with you. I live here in Ocho Rios and have friends who are foreigners here too and we have no issues. As with any other location you just need to use common sense when you travel. Don't take unnecessary chances and never be too trusting because humans will always act as they've been doing since the beginning of human history. Some will be nice, some are not so nice and others will be just plain evil. Anyway I'm here to just share great content from my drone exploits. Hopefully people appreciate what I put out there. That picture there was taken after I left the office one night, launched from the parking lot and started messing around with the manual settings of the camera and that was the result.

Hi there jam! I realise there is good and bad everywhere, it was just such a culture shock for me, coming from a country where law enforcement and especially Bank security guards do not carry armed weapons.
I did say I had a great holiday culminating in my no. 1s daughter's wedding.
(Tourist highlight, climbing Dunn's River Falls and driving up into the Blue Mountains).
Happy flying. Stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji