DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ocusync uses and do I need RE goggles?

mlee

Reactions
In the process of deciding whether to spend an extra $200 for RE Goggles I dug into Ocusync and I see a great use for one of my hobbies and that is road track in my car. I can hand the goggles to someone on the sidelines for a great view while I'm on track. It seems like a great use for this little camera but I have a couple questions.

1) Can it be used with the regular goggles and if so what are the drawbacks?

2) Mounting the Ocusync unit plus the camera tethered together seems like it could be challenging. Any examples, brackets or velcro ideas to make this easier?

3) What else are you guys using the Ocusync camera for other than RC?

Thanks in advance,

Reactions: Junebug Petty
I guess my velcro to the dashboard may work.

Any other ideas.... seems they would have some mounting hardware sort of like GoPro does.

I just watched a YouTube video where they claimed the occusync transmitter is compatible with regular Dji goggles.
Well I went with the race ones anyway. Still trying to figure things out right now. A little underwhelmed at the video quality and the signal strength that is virtually non-existent.

Well I went with the race ones anyway. Still trying to figure things out right now. A little underwhelmed at the video quality and the signal strength that is virtually non-existent.

Do you have it mounted inside the car and the signal seems weak?
Is the car metal or carbon skinned?
Can you mount the antennas up high free and clear outside?
You may have the signal bouncing around and shielded inside the car....

Kevin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55