DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd question

jkpz28

Reactions
I know the Air 2 is new so there is prob no direct info on it, but does anyone have experience with any other mavic drones and using them to video paintball tournaments/games. Specifically how they fair with an accidental hit from a paintball?

I know the Air 2 is new so there is prob no direct info on it, but does anyone have experience with any other mavic drones and using them to video paintball tournaments/games. Specifically how they fair with an accidental hit from a paintball?

They would likely be damaged specially the gimbal.

Reactions: jkpz28
My wife and I used to own a Division 3 NPPL team and travelled the country years ago and I love the thought of drone footage of some of the matches. With the right editing and music they could be pretty impressive videos. I would assume a direct hit hit from a paintball would do some damage. Not so much if it’s a ricochet unless it hits the props.

As long as the teams don't think you're trying to cheat with an aerial observation platform they probably won't take the time to shoot at it.

As long as the teams don't think you're trying to cheat with an aerial observation platform they probably won't take the time to shoot at it.
One of the places I want to use it is a large scenario style field and it worries me a newer player would think it was funny to shoot at the drone, lol

I don't know if you know the owners of the paintball field, if you do, maybe you could see if they'll let you print something similar to the waivers they have you sign in case of injury, that players sign agreeing not to shoot at the drone. Since you'll be recording video, hopefully they'll be like most of thy public and think your drone can read their credit card numbers and so believe you'd easily identify anyone shooting at it if they were to try.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs