DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

started with a 1-2mph off shore breeze(cross wind off the land) at about 4mile out on return ,I felt that same 1-2 mph breeze hitting me in the back of the neck:eek:.little bit of a pucker up.
I can say the MP will not fall out of the sky at 0%,atleast not in the first 10sec;s of 0%:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I ran it till the 3rd or 4th critical warning while on 0%(@ 10sec) before critical landing. (Yes I know what it can do to battery )
I'll check the cells later
.I dont know how the top stock guys are doing it ,,but to them. I dont ever see getting that range.I'm gonna still try but???
I believe I can gain another 25-30 sec in time with a few adjustments,but even with 30sec I'll only gain another @1200'.
I was able to fight the critical landing better than last shot ,but there's room for improvement there(maybe 10sec)Its the voltage I want to get get control of and fighting the critical landing eats it up(IMO)IMG_0937.PNG-1.png
started with a 1-2mph off shore breeze(cross wind off the land) at about 4mile out on return I felt that same 1-2 mph breeze hitting me in the back of the neck:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0936.PNG-1.png
    IMG_0936.PNG-1.png
    362.1 KB · Views: 41
started with a 1-2mph off shore breeze(cross wind off the land) at about 4mile out on return ,I felt that same 1-2 mph breeze hitting me in the back of the neck:eek:.little bit of a pucker up.
I can say the MP will not fall out of the sky at 0%,atleast not in the first 10sec;s of 0%:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I ran it till the 3rd or 4th critical warning while on 0%(@ 10sec) before critical landing. (Yes I know what it can do to battery )
.I dont know how the top stock guys are doing it ,,but to them. I dont ever see getting that range.I'm gonna still try but???
I believe I can gain another 25-30 sec in time with a few adjustments,but even with 30sec I'll only gain another @1200'.
I was able to fight the critical landing better than last shot ,but there's room for improvement there(maybe 10sec)Its the voltage I want to get get control of and fighting the critical landing eats it up(IMO)View attachment 20403
started with a 1-2mph off shore breeze(cross wind off the land) at about 4mile out on return I felt that same 1-2 mph breeze hitting me in the back of the neck:eek:

Well I think that's about as good as it gets for a stock run. Yes there's more, but we all are not using the same speed.

I've been told a hundred different speeds for optimum range.

I think it's about the battery you have. I bought a fresh battery and am conditioning it now for a distance run stock

I was able to fight the critical landing better than last shot ,but there's room for improvement there(maybe 10sec)Its the voltage I want to get get control of and fighting the critical landing eats it up(IMO)View attachment 20403

well no wonder duce, look at all those pictures you took on the way[emoji41]

The adjustment you want to make duce, is no wind in the mavics face coming home. 1-2 mph is what you need, but it's got to be helping out on the way back and not hitting you too hard on the way there.
One of my last distance runs with the mav was a one mph crosswind hit me directly sideways out and back, it gave me a perfect 33 mph both ways and never felt like it was really eating the battery.

Reactions: Ed209
Great run though duce, can't be mad at a 4 mile stock run, and run it down to zero and your bird didn't even play in the sand.
that's a successful flight

Phenomenal run Duce!
Takes a lot of courage to break 23000.
I don't know if I have it in me.
Returning home after a distance run is always a nerve wrecking experience

Well I think that's about as good as it gets for a stock run. Yes there's more, but we all are not using the same speed.
I've been told a hundred different speeds for optimum range.
I think it's about the battery you have. I bought a fresh battery and am conditioning it now for a distance run stock

what do you mean by "Yes there's more, but we all are not using the same speed."
I think I can get just a littttle more:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah I'v read all the different optimum speeds also.So far ,this was it.
29-30mph out RTH at 33mph back just under 18min flight time.If I can get a little more flight time,And more efficient flying?????

Great flight man, anything over 20k stock is impressive.

well no wonder duce, look at all those pictures you took on the way[emoji41]
LOL ,yeah I usually dont take pics or video,but :p
The adjustment you want to make duce, is no wind in the mavics face coming home. 1-2 mph is what you need, but it's got to be helping out on the way back and not hitting you too hard on the way there.
One of my last distance runs with the mav was a one mph crosswind hit me directly sideways out and back, it gave me a perfect 33 mph both ways and never felt like it was really eating the battery.
had to get the flight in early,winds were going to pick up during the morning,tide was gonna change which can change the wind 360deg ,just hope its in my favor:rolleyes:
Great run though duce, can't be mad at a 4 mile stock run, and run it down to zero and your bird didn't even play in the sand.
that's a successful flight
even if it did crash,cant get mad;)it happens.
3 miles was good, no problem.
4 miles is better,a little pucker.
5 miles just doesn't even sound right and gets my hands shaking thinking about it.But it gets me up there with you:D:D:D

Phenomenal run Duce!
Takes a lot of courage to break 23000.
I don't know if I have it in me.
Returning home after a distance run is always a nerve wrecking experience
thank you
a little at a time,you can do it ,
Yep nerve racking:eek::eek:

Anyone ever seen this error? Flying (again) with two MS Lipo's 3.0 and a clip.

I get main control error see pic .
7317e53804687ec15da54964d492f319.jpg

Then I loook at the errors in the app and I see this
d47bd5f30a892d3ac9db7e06f0c53387.jpg

Granted it's 100 degrees here.

I was flying in a circle or oval to keep air moving. Seriously the minute I stop and hover this [emoji615]️ warning comes up? Temperature etc.

So I keep flying to get air moving again. Nothing.

I land and try to take off and it tells me calibrate the IMU, because there is an error. Which I'm going to do. It's in the fridge eat or currently cooling off.

Is the air temp too hot for this stuff?

@digdat0
@Ed209
@dirtybum
@chazz

Thanks!!!

Anyone ever seen this error? Flying (again) with two MS Lipo's 3.0 and a clip.

I get main control error see pic .
7317e53804687ec15da54964d492f319.jpg

Then I loook at the errors in the app and I see this
d47bd5f30a892d3ac9db7e06f0c53387.jpg

Granted it's 100 degrees here.

I was flying in a circle or oval to keep air moving. Seriously the minute I stop and hover this [emoji615]️ warning comes up? Temperature etc.

So I keep flying to get air moving again. Nothing.

I land and try to take off and it tells me calibrate the IMU, because there is an error. Which I'm going to do. It's in the fridge eat or currently cooling off.

Is the air temp too hot for this stuff?

@digdat0
@Ed209
@dirtybum
@chazz

Thanks!!!

Yeah that's some funny shiznit. It's gotta be temp related now that you said it was 100deg outside. Did you upload logs to airdata and look at the notification tab? Maybe some more info there. But 100 is very hot. The spec says the operating range is 32-104f. I've flown below 32 many times but heat is probably more of a danger because once temps are too high in electronics, you will get all kinds of problems, including errors. For example, on a PC if your CPU, GPU, or ram exceed the temp threshold, your computer will act funny. Locking up, random errors, all kinds of unexplainable stuff. Had that happen years ago in the 90s when my CPU fan was caked with dust.

So long story short, I'd bet it was the heat.

Yeah i never seen that before i flew for 20mins in 100 degree weather a few weeks ago and no issues but those motors were danm hot afterwards. I imagine its temp related. Maybe time for some speed holes or cooling vents.

Btw guys, im gonna try and fund another fun project, so im selling the Mavic which did 46k. Head to the classifieds if interested :)

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
LOL ,yeah I usually dont take pics or video,but :p

had to get the flight in early,winds were going to pick up during the morning,tide was gonna change which can change the wind 360deg ,just hope its in my favor:rolleyes:

even if it did crash,cant get mad;)it happens.
3 miles was good, no problem.
4 miles is better,a little pucker.
5 miles just doesn't even sound right and gets my hands shaking thinking about it.But it gets me up there with you:D:D:D

There is a cure for that hands shaking Duce, here's how I roll
3b622fc8a78885e846cb7b3f64bb9cf4.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne