DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Anyone ever seen this error? Flying (again) with two MS Lipo's 3.0 and a clip.

I get main control error see pic .
7317e53804687ec15da54964d492f319.jpg

Then I loook at the errors in the app and I see this
d47bd5f30a892d3ac9db7e06f0c53387.jpg

Granted it's 100 degrees here.

I was flying in a circle or oval to keep air moving. Seriously the minute I stop and hover this [emoji615]️ warning comes up? Temperature etc.

So I keep flying to get air moving again. Nothing.

I land and try to take off and it tells me calibrate the IMU, because there is an error. Which I'm going to do. It's in the fridge eat or currently cooling off.

Is the air temp too hot for this stuff?

@digdat0
@Ed209
@dirtybum
@chazz

Thanks!!!

The chinglish just kills me. Billion dollar company and they use google translate haha!

@JakeMaxxUAV
My first post here
I thought I would share this mornings flight
Distance 42,645ft
MaxxUAV battery adapter clip, altered to sit vertical
2 x multistar lihv 4000's strapped on top
Titan cyclone antenna
Mostly countryside with hardly any wind, I had to keep climbing to keep HD feed, I suppose I should get a tripod.
3 attempts to take off due to battery error even though the multistars were charged to 12.93v

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0499.PNG
    IMG_0499.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
@JakeMaxxUAV
My first post here
Distance 42,645ft
2 x multistar lihv 4000's
Titan cyclone antenna
Mostly countryside with hardly any wind, I had to keep climbing to keep HD feed, I suppose I should get a tripod.
3 attempts to take off due to battery error even though the multistars were charged to 12.93v

be nice to know some of the details of that flight, it might help others to reach their goals.
But besides that I kind of want to know who is "Mick"?
you've never been on this forum asking about distance running before and then your very first introduction is a 42,000 foot flight? Obviously not your first distance run, are you part of other online groups or FB groups that we might know you from?

Reactions: Japtastic
be nice to know some of the details of that flight, it might help others to reach their goals.
But besides that I kind of want to know who is "Mick"?
you've never been on this forum asking about distance running before and then your very first introduction is a 42,000 foot flight? Obviously not your first distance run, are you part of other online groups or FB groups that we might know you from?
My personal best before this was only 25k, digidat0 will know who I am as I've been speaking to him on facebook for advice. I'm in the Facebook group mydji.info
I will post the video on YT later

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Good work, I need to modify my battery clip also. Did you just break it apart?
I used a scalpel to cut down the back and bent the metal back, then some insulating tape so the metal can't touch. I used a thin piece of right angled metal to support it more. A dab of glued underneath so it's semi permanent, easily removed when needed because it's only stuck to the vinyl skin

Last edited:
My personal best before this was only 25k, digidat0 will know who I am as I've been speaking to him on facebook for advice. I'm in the Facebook group mydji.info
I will post the video on YT later

well nice flight Mick, glad you joined in![emoji41]

Reactions: **mick**
I used a scalpel to cut down the back and bent the metal back, then some insulating tape so the metal can't touch. I used a thin piece of right angled metal to support it more. A dab of glued underneath so it's semi permanent, easily removed when needed because it's only stuck to the vinyl skin

Why modify the Battery Clip?

NewBecause I mount the batteries on top, and they would've sat too far back covering the gps. It's no doubt better to side mount them but I'm getting good results on top so far even with having the aerodynamics of a 3 storey house :D

So you just bent it backwards?

I have the same issue.

@JakeMaxxUAV
My first post here
Distance 42,645ft
Titan cyclone antenna
/QUOTE]

Miiick ,,,keeping everyone on their toes , goes right for top 5 modified:D:D:D:D good job.

Last edited:
Reactions: **mick**
@JakeMaxxUAV
My first post here
Distance 42,645ft
Titan cyclone antenna

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Nice flight **mick**! That really good distance considering the difficulties you had taking off and the fact that you went over 900ft up. You should look into getting some boosters for that cyclone antenna to avoid having to go so high. Another option, if you can find a spot where you're slight elevated as compared to the terrain you're flying over, you'll be able to keep altitude down to around 200ft. Hauling those huge dual 4000s up to 917ft takes a lot of juice!

Edit: Perhaps that Cyclone antenna already has boosters. In that case it's a matter of finding a good spot to fly with minimal foliage in the way. That antenna should be plenty good to get you out over 60,000ft.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom