DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

No controller mods, no drops in signal or loss of video feed at all but over farm land and LOS all the way. Not sure what the limit is for stock RC. Charged externals to 4.32v

@JakeMaxxUAV 45,884ft

Just completed my first dual 3000mah lihv setup. Roughly 35min flight time. 4.5mph average wind with a few 12mph gusts. The Mavic performed without a hitch. GO crashed as did my AZ screen recording software and I did get to 46,587ft :) but Airdata only recorded 45,884ft so that will have to do! Gutted, I wanted 3rd place! Any one know any decent .mp4 recovery software / a way to extract max distance from .dat?

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

View attachment 20626
Both the distance traveled and the distance to the home point can be seen using CsvView. Go here to obtain a copy of CsvView. Go here to see the CsvView user manual. and here to see info about retrieving the .DAT.

Reactions: Japtastic
Cheers for the info. What a great tool! My home point is still 100m or so less as it didn't update until I had flown that far as I forgot to update manually. Proof enough for 3rd? :D The flight is split into 2 separate .dat files but this is the one that matters, I believe. You can see the point I was turning around from this too.

14086m = 46213ft

max10.JPG

Cheers for the info. What a great tool! My home point is still 100m or so less as it didn't update until I had flown that far as I forgot to update manually. Proof enough for 3rd? :D The flight is split into 2 separate .dat files but this is the one that matters, I believe. You can see the point I was turning around from this too.

14086m = 46213ft

View attachment 20644

300 feet from home point!! my 50,000 foot flight should be third place then if if landing 300 foot away is good enough[emoji41]

Reactions: digdat0
I landed where I took off from, well within 5ft or so, so the longer distance is correct. The first part is missing on Airdata, hence the .dat proof.

Hey I'm happy with what ever Jake decides. No point being too serious about it. I cocked up by relying on AZ recorder.

Gives me another excuse to try again if not :D

Reactions: dirtybum
Just electrical tape for now. Turned out just fine.

You're my inspiration @Japtastic just so you know! I finally went "F IT" I'm tired of cramming the wires all over! Much more room!

I hate damaging my $50 part that costs $2 to make.
bd02e6512784983b14b0d8864896885d.jpg

I single wrapped and heat shrinked the two copper flats, and then one big piece over it and re shrunk another piece over the XT's

I may as well hot glue it on there, I don't plan on taking it off unless I go direct. But I think you're pushing the limits of the list and may have been the only "clip" in the top ten.

I single wrapped and heat shrinked the two copper flats, and then one big piece over it and re shrunk another piece over the XT's

I may as well hot glue it on there, I don't plan on taking it off unless I go direct. But I think you're pushing the limits of the list and may have been the only "clip" in the top ten.
I'm 5th on the LB, with the vertical modded clip ... japtastic got the idea from me lol,
I would defiantly glue it down, mine is glued to the vinyl skin so easy remove when needed

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
@JakeMaxxUAV 45,884ft

Just completed my first dual 3000mah lihv setup. Roughly 35min flight time. 4.5mph average wind with a few 12mph gusts. The Mavic performed without a hitch. GO crashed as did my AZ screen recording software and I did get to 46,587ft :) but Airdata only recorded 45,884ft so that will have to do! Gutted, I wanted 3rd place! Any one know any decent .mp4 recovery software / a way to extract max distance from .dat?

View attachment 20626
Ah man shame about the app crash, it's a nice day today, I'll think I'll have another go, I'm just looking for a new spot on google maps to take off from

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum
Any verdict on the titan antenna? I have a lot of trees and signal sucks. Max out at around 12,000 feet for distance.

It's really great. I haven't tested it against anything, but I've owned many DBS panel antennas boosted and not... this is an all in one clean unit. Anything else and you'll be carrying a rats nest of crap and charging battery banks etc. just to keep it working.

This unit seems to be pretty Legit. For the price you cannot beat it.

I know foot in mouth. I'm eating crow. So save it.

Reactions: Yelobird
I never intended to join the board, just love long range flights.
Still id like to post this one to honor Creep. (@JakeMaxxUAV ).
It's been out n back further and not the most efficient flight but this particular one is over the very waters it s resting in.
Dual 3000 LiHv, Nanosync BOOST-ed.

Edit: and no, it's NOT the last one!

you owed it to creep, maclak to post one up! let him r.i.p in the top 10 for a bit

I never intended to join the board, just love long range flights.
Still id like to post this one to honor Creep. (@JakeMaxxUAV ).
It's been out n back further and not the most efficient flight but this particular one is over the very waters it s resting in.
Dual 3000 LiHv, Nanosync BOOST-ed.

Edit: and no, it's NOT the last one!
Welcome to the board bud! :)

I also plan on joining very soon. Hopefully this weekend!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa