DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I made it out 26,689 ft with my Mavic Pro battery mod (2x MS 3000mah Lihv - Side Mount), ItElite Nano Sync Antenna Mod. I was in the desert mountains and had some elevation to contend with, by the time I hit 5 miles I was 1100 feet above my takeoff and was still less than 400 feet from the ground. There is nothing out there but desert and a concrete plant so the signal is pretty awesome. I was flying in gps mode at 31mph out and back. I returned and landed with 35% battery left so I think I will try a 6 mile run next! I have included my airdata link below. @JakeMaxxUAV

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Those dual 3000 lihv are good for over 40,000 ft on a good day. 35,000 no problem for you.

Reactions: cderoche and mlash
Those dual 3000 lihv are good for over 40,000 ft on a good day. 35,000 no problem for you.
Yeah, I'm sure it won't be a problem at all! When I got back from 5 miles the motors weren't even hot and the batteries were nice and cool. I even burned up about 3 minutes of time messing around with my Headplay cable that wasn't plugged in properly just before takeoff. My biggest hurdle is running out of room to take it over 7 miles but I'm sure that I'll find a place out here in the desert!

Finally took the new slimmer bird out for a run tonight. Unfortunately had 20mph headwinds on the way out but used the opportunity for some flight telemetry.

Also, you can shed 14 grams of weight from the MS 4.0 LiHv's in 30 seconds.

I ordered one of those heating pouches that Lolo recommended and wrapped the batteries in neoprene for insulation.

Anyway, all these tweaks added up to big efficiency and I am patiently watching every night for good weather.

This is why we do it :)

PS- Lolo, did you weigh your bird with any accessories just before your record flight? Would love to know the takeoff weight.

EDIT: I flew without the bottom heatsink plate tonight and after the flight the bottom chips were barely warm.

dronemods-304.png dronemods-303.png dronemods-302.png dronemods-301.png dronemods-300.png

597g. Making 10.3g/W of lift.
At 1031g tonight it makes 8.0g/W.

Flight test P mode, 147W @15.3m/s downwind and 177W, same speed upwind.

ATTI mode 212W both ways, 20.0 and 17.5 m/s.

Reactions: CyberNate
lolo780 its time to quit calculating chit and take that thing on a distance flight with those externals strapped on. Let's see the new record flight already!;)

9529b8990175fcf2542b2380d42d1e2c.jpg

Too foggy this morning and crosswinds right now.

Anyone had any long range flights in fog? Wondering how it affects the signal.

Last edited:
yeah, I check in and see some new leaderboard long distance posts, and then, ahh, too bad, just more calculations. No offense meant, I know there is probably a lot of really educated mav flyers that love numbers and they would prob drool over them and might never see them on this thread because they have no interest in distance runs. That being said, mad respect for '780 because he's not all talk, he also "puts the money where his brain is" and converts his tests and hackjobs into miles[emoji41]

Our good friend @digdat0 did a, at the time, record p3 run through fog so thick that he couldnt see 50ft in front of him. He had to rely on prop noise to bring it home! so foggy it landed in the tree next him instead of face catching it! I saw the pics! The bird was dripping with moisture. It believe it was 65,000'!
So wind bad, fog, no excuses big guy![emoji41]

yeah, I check in and see some new leaderboard long distance posts, and then, ahh, too bad, just more calculations. No offense meant, I know there is probably a lot of really educated mav flyers that love numbers and they would prob drool over them and might never see them on this thread because they have no interest in distance runs. That being said, mad respect for '780 because he's not all talk, he also "puts the money where his brain is" and converts his tests and hackjobs into miles[emoji41]
dirtybum is cranky today and needs a snickers :)

that being said I could use to fly off a little steam! It's long overdue for me.

Sorry I can't remember if you are using stock or boosted remote. I am just wondering, what is the real distance limit of a stock remote?

Sorry I can't remember if you are using stock or boosted remote. I am just wondering, what is the real distance limit of a stock remote?
I'm using a MaxxUAV Evolite kit with nanosync antenna. In my area the stock remote went a bit over 6km but it's highly environment dependant.

Finally took the new slimmer bird out for a run tonight. Unfortunately had 20mph headwinds on the way out but used the opportunity for some flight telemetry.

Also, you can shed 14 grams of weight from the MS 4.0 LiHv's in 30 seconds.

I ordered one of those heating pouches that Lolo recommended and wrapped the batteries in neoprene for insulation.

Anyway, all these tweaks added up to big efficiency and I am patiently watching every night for good weather.

This is why we do it :)

PS- Lolo, did you weigh your bird with any accessories just before your record flight? Would love to know the takeoff weight.

EDIT: I flew without the bottom heatsink plate tonight and after the flight the bottom chips were barely warm.

View attachment 23801 View attachment 23802 View attachment 23803 View attachment 23804 View attachment 23805

What is that monstrosity! :eek::confused:o_O:D

You've absolutely trashed a beautifully designed Mavic there :p. Each to their own of course, and I'm glad you get a kick out of it :DThumbswayup

Reactions: newguy
cd21863a312e2b9d60b7584cdeb5def8.jpg

Made my xt60 to xt30 charging cable and switched my 2nd charger to xt30. Batteries charged and waiting for the right weather conditions.

I'll probably take it out tomorrow even if it's windy just to collect some data.

Reactions: CyberNate
I'm using a MaxxUAV Evolite kit with nanosync antenna. In my area the stock remote went a bit over 6km but it's highly environment dependant.
Certainly, I understand it's highly environment dependent :). I am just curious for max distance at highly favorable environment. Seems way too short for your long distance flight, but DJI's claim of 7km is not too far off.

Certainly, I understand it's highly environment dependent :). I am just curious for max distance at highly favorable environment. Seems way too short for your long distance flight, but DJI's claim of 7km is not too far off.
Ideal is over desert or open water. Im not sure if anyone trying to make distance still uses "CE mode". In ideal conditions the CE mode should take you well beyond 7km.
I boosted my system long time ago and never looked back. No ext battery i used was able to outperform signal. Will not happen too.
Edit: im using the "prototype" version of the set lolo uses.

Reactions: Porto

heres a screen shot of my stock remote 50,000' flight, you can see the signal was steady. That flight path is past trees,a small town, then fields. The launch point is elevated, thats the key.
6fecdaf2f1cd079bc94d61f5d5f307a6.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM