DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

so lolo780, to convert that to English, you're saying you have your parameters set so you can do your distance runs at 35 miles an hour in gps mode both ways if possible

heres a screen shot of my stock remote 50,000' flight, you can see the signal was steady. That flight path is past trees,a small town, then fields. The launch point is elevated, thats the key.
6fecdaf2f1cd079bc94d61f5d5f307a6.jpg

How high is that launch point? That signal is so strong for being almost 10 miles out! Amazing!

probably almost above the trees, any bit of elevation you get can help. But the phantom series stock remote can't do this, something special about the Mavic remote

Reactions: cderoche
so lolo780, to convert that to English, you're saying you have your parameters set so you can do your distance runs at 35 miles an hour in gps mode both ways if possible
36mph, and then I'll have 2 or 3 tilt angles to choose from in P mode (OA on/off, cinema mode) plus ATTI mode in switch position 1 to adjust for head and tail winds since it's impossible to have zero wind.

Reactions: dirtybum
36mph, and then I'll have 2 or 3 tilt angles to choose from in P mode (OA on/off, cinema mode) plus ATTI mode in switch position 1 to adjust for head and tail winds since it's impossible to have zero wind.

i dont get it and do not recall you explaining that in other posts. perhaps you should start a tutorial. I can't recall parameters you can set to change pitch angles on a whim by a switch

i dont get it and do not recall you explaining that in other posts. perhaps you should start a tutorial. I can't recall parameters you can set to change pitch angles on a whim by a switch
In assistant you can set the pitch angles for obstacle avoidance on or off.
Normal cfg ATTI range and _avoid_
Then go 2 degrees more and put that in cinema mode. I haven't tried using tripod mode, but the parameters are there if you need to try a 4th speed.

I just did 2 round trips 8.5, 8.6 miles on a 4000 block with stock antenna! What’s the best after market antenna system to purchase?

nWo1ste.png

54596ft out into strong winds higher up to maintain signal. Could have easily gone another 1250m anyways.

VEIW2Td.png

Came back with 8% but my screen recorder cut off here and the Go app didn't record the flight. Will download aircraft data later.

SzExFsi.png

Horrible headwind burning 220+W on the way out.
I flew over the home point and then an extra 1800m just to run a few more % from the batteries. Externals after resting were 11.0 and 11.2 so good for a few more km.

Last edited:
What settings do you have enabled for your distance flights ? I asume you are turning some things off to save power for the flights ?

I have managed a return trip of 31,800 ft with 38% battery left after landing on a clear day with very light winds.

nWo1ste.png

54596ft out into strong winds higher up to maintain signal. Could have easily gone another 1250m anyways.

VEIW2Td.png

Came back with 8% but my screen recorder cut off here and the Go app didn't record the flight. Will download aircraft data later.

Nice flight lolo and still 8% left. Can you tell me what the voltage was at at 60, 55 and 50%? Too bad you can't post the screen recording, i'd like to watch it.

Last edited:
Reactions: digdat0
nWo1ste.png

VEIW2Td.png

SzExFsi.png

airdata please[emoji41]
i'm glad somebody's ggetting to fly!

airdata please[emoji41]
i'm glad somebody's ggetting to fly!

I only have the aircraft .dat file. This isn't the first time the Go app has failed to save my flight log. Is there a way to 'airdata' the .dat file?

Nice flight lolo and still 8% left. Can you tell me what the voltage was at at 60, 55 and 50%? Too bad you can't post the screen recording, i'd like to watch it.
b0a3d36d3ffde66908005c46aba6ad97.jpg

20144a2e9a8eda1ae0192cec9eced350.jpg

f3cb1cd96986a16f08f832d0f42bbd31.jpg

I have the screen recording video but cut off 800m from home. The file is a couple gb but if there's interest I could YouTube it.

Edit: are those pictures crap? I can't read the voltages viewing my own post.
3.76 3.69 and 3.70. 60 55 and 50

Well i cant really say anyone else would be but what i like to see is the voltage at different distances to compare how my flights are going against a good flight like yours. Also i think (if i ever get out again) i may try an MS8 and and a 5.2 LIHV with just the battery control board and percentages aren't accurate doing this and i need some kind of idea what battery percent I'm at going off of voltage.

Yeah the pics do kinda suck but i got it thanks. 60% = 3.76V 55% = 3.7V and 50% = 3.69V. I guess your 3.73V at 46% in your original post was because you were stopped turning around.

Don't worry about Youtubing it unless more want to see it.

Well i cant really say anyone else would be but what i like to see is the voltage at different distances to compare how my flights are going against a good flight like yours. Also i think (if i ever get out again) i may try an MS8 and and a 5.2 LIHV with just the battery control board and percentages aren't accurate doing this and i need some kind of idea what battery percent I'm at going off of voltage.

Yeah the pics do kinda suck but i got it thanks. 60% = 3.76V 55% = 3.7V and 50% = 3.69V. I guess your 3.73V at 46% in your original post was because you were stopped turning around.

Don't worry about Youtubing it unless more want to see it.
I'll use csviewer to plot battery % vs voltage and host a hires picture. Looks like the battery voltage parameter could use smoothing? @BudWalker

R3vAKCp.png

I see I wasted 1% by not warming up on a non flight battery today. Also no pre warming of the batteries due to time constraints.

Last edited:
nWo1ste.png

VEIW2Td.png

SzExFsi.png

Horrible headwind burning 220+W on the way out.
I flew over the home point and then an extra 1800m just to run a few more % from the batteries. Externals after resting were 11.0 and 11.2 so good for a few more km.

what externals?
I had a spell in the p4 record days where I would beat the current record, have a screenshot from the turn around, make it back all excited only to find out that dji go android didnt record the log. so no real proof that I made it back to home point. Had to re- fly! Luckily it sounds like this will be an easy record for you to recreate[emoji41]

what externals?
I had a spell in the p4 record days where I would beat the current record, have a screenshot from the turn around, make it back all excited only to find out that dji go android didnt record the log. so no real proof that I made it back to home point. Had to re- fly! Luckily it sounds like this will be an easy record for you to recreate[emoji41]
Same TP4500/3500HV combo with a DJI battery. Next flight I'll stretch it out to the limit (58700ft?) and then go for 60k by moving the RC.

Nice! Its amazing you are getting any great performance out of TP's, the few flyers and myself that used them was not impressed. What style of flying,if you care to share?
Me, I go full speed,straight out and back.

Nice! Its amazing you are getting any great performance out of TP's, the few flyers and myself that used them was not impressed. What style of flying,if you care to share?
Me, I go full speed,straight out and back.
On the way out i adjusted speed due to strong headwinds. Full stick was 260w which is way too much for a distance flight. Check the csview picture I posted and let me know if you want to see any other views.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM