DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

That sucks Lolo! Wow you have some tall trees to deal with! Can't believe you're going for records in that environment. Amazing results for all the obstacles you have.

That's why I'm always dealing with wind :(
Richmond has a major airport. I'm flying between Coquitlam and Maple Ridge. The next spot would be Chilliwack but that's an hours drive from me. Some nice 2500m+ mountains to the north...

SBgB1DR.jpg

15m too far to the right. Today I tried to fly on the left of the trees with the intent of staying just to the right of the terrain by the lake. Was going to try staying low down the whole way. Normally I'll fly over the hill but that means climbing up to at least 120m to maintain signal, and then there's too much wind.

ZDN7wg7.png
Did you note your AUW before this attempt?

@JakeMaxxUAV
30,308ft tonight, another stock battery record. More favorable wind tonight and turned around at 43%, but temps were lower and the battery was running low 30's C most of the way.

67c37365f38bfb686f1bb5716fdc3604.jpg

7fa80b1dc6f67eb7be7868605356a9ce.jpg

27,969ft on the test flight landing with 7%.
a27ab61f590be84fd420a317ed5e13c7.jpg

Low voltage landing kicked in 250m out over a field full of deep wet grass. This is how it looks out of my car window. No way in **** I was going in there for the bird so I nursed it the last bit over the power lines with full left stick and just managed to brake the descent into ground effect and land it.

f614e342cc41d30420247b263bd731dd.jpg

NOO!
645153987ebe7b7ef4e3cb1d78a2a2bd.jpg

I was looking at the leaderboard again and still in amazement of Lolo's world record stock flight (well done Lolo). And I was thinking, stock means stock, right? I believe Lolo stated he trimmed weight off of the stock Mavic. Does this not fall in the modified class? I do not mean to lessen Lolo's achievement, but maybe it's time re-address/re-define the rules of the game (which are painfully inadequate IMHO) for future record attempts, but leave all current board standings as-is.

Reactions: cderoche
I agree there should be some clarification all around. Let's hear some input from those on the leaderboards.

I'll also add that I'm working on some prop testing with a stock battery and the results are extremely good.

Qd4KV7l.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cderoche
I agree there should be some clarification all around. Let's hear some input from those on the leaderboards.

I'll also add that I'm working on some prop testing with a stock battery and the results are extremely good.

Qd4KV7l.jpg
Do tell!! What are they, etc, etc. etc...

No after market additions , nothing added to the drone or controller that wasn't an approved dealer add-on or was already installed when it left DJI. Original Equipment Manufacturer parts only.No alterations to the drone or controller.
Ok I got it from terms for a car.

No after market additions , nothing added to the drone or controller that wasn't an approved dealer add-on or was already installed when it left DJI. Original Equipment Manufacturer parts only.No alterations to the drone or controller.
Ok I got it from terms for a car.

:D:D:D

Weather here has been non-stop wind for over a week. While grounded I figured I might as well mod my MS 4.0 LiHv's similar to Lolo's. Don't know if the insulation makes a difference or not, but the material and shrink wrap weighs 4 additional grams. Shortened the balance cable and replaced the power cable with 18 gauge and xt30's.

dronemods-332.png dronemods-331.png dronemods-330.png

Qd4KV7l.jpg

I vaguely remember someone losing a finger with fixed carbon fiber props back in the day??

I was looking at the leaderboard again and still in amazement of Lolo's world record stock flight (well done Lolo). And I was thinking, stock means stock, right? I believe Lolo stated he trimmed weight off of the stock Mavic. Does this not fall in the modified class? I do not mean to lessen Lolo's achievement, but maybe it's time re-address/re-define the rules of the game (which are painfully inadequate IMHO) for future record attempts, but leave all current board standings as-is.
I always assumed stock was Stock,never thought about trimming weight off..I was at #6 untill lolo's flight knocked me down to 7th.Being in 6th I was pretty sure I would get in the top 5 but that would be it.I Now Im not seeing myself grtting to top 5,I'm still trying but I'm stuck in the low 20k range.(Some has to do with wind ,some has to do with nerves)
I cant see myself cutting up the bird but Do I think shaving weight should still be considered stock???Yeah,I do
Turning the motors to a different angle(or whatever they do) ? Thats kind of iffy but its still a stock bird AND WAY OVER MY HEAD. If I had to vote on it ,its I would vote stock .

?
whats with the green tape

Here's an easy mod to shed 10 grams for those that like to keep their bird stock.

View attachment 24366 View attachment 24367 View attachment 24368
what is that ,Isn't that the add a battery clip?

I think you're correct. Love the progress everyone has made, but a flying skeleton of a drone is hardly stock anymore. Only in the sense of no extra batteries or amped up transmitter. I technically never fly stock since I have modded many flight parameters. I can fly farther than out the box just by being able to fight autoland. To me really stock is how it came out the box. And maybe the better props since those are available as an addon from DJI.

Maybe even add a third category.

1. Bone Stock - no mods, add ons other than what DJI sells.
2. Software modded / weight trimmed, but only stock remote and battery.
3. Outlaw class - anything goes basically, extra batteries, amped remote, amped bird, mods, weight savings.

I think you're correct. Love the progress everyone has made, but a flying skeleton of a drone is hardly stock anymore. Only in the sense of no extra batteries or amped up transmitter. I technically never fly stock since I have modded many flight parameters. I can fly farther than out the box just by being able to fight autoland. To me really stock is how it came out the box. And maybe the better props since those are available as an addon from DJI.

Maybe even add a third category.

1. Bone Stock - no mods, add ons other than what DJI sells.
2. Software modded / weight trimmed, but only stock remote and battery.
3. Outlaw class - anything goes basically, extra batteries, amped remote, amped bird, mods, weight savings.
IMO
Right now it's all fun(and amazing)to see the numbers these guys are getting(stock & modded) and how their doing it.And also more than willing to share(even though its still over my head)
Adding another cat Seems like a lot of work for jake.
If adding software as a separate category wouldent that make anyone still running 900-(or anything less than the current upgrade) disqualified?

Adding another cat Seems like a lot of work for jake.
If adding software as a separate category wouldent that make anyone still running 900-(or anything less than the current upgrade) disqualified?

Software mods, like faster take off / faster sport mode & gps, autoland fighting etc, regardless of the firmware version.

People would need to just mention software mod in their description. Were only talking 60 names max, and 40 are here already. But its up to him its his board. 2 categories is fine also, but maybe like was mentioned a better definition of stock is needed. I don't necessarily consider a heavily software modified parts removed, holes drilled Mavic a stock bird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom