DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

head wind going out. what side of external battery or batteries.

My dual 1500 mah batteries. Was a strong headwind today at around 10mph. My external batteries don't do well in the wind. This same setup will run for nearly 29 minutes if the wind is under 5mph. Normally I would come back in sport mode to leverage the wind and easily make it back, but without my boosters, I get some spotty signal in some sections. Better to use RTH mode if the signal is not consistent. With my boosters, I would have cruised 40mph all way home and probably had around 17% left. You gain an extra mile of distance (around 10% energy saved) in a 10 minute plus stretch.

Reactions: Natedoggz
My dual 1500 mah batteries. Was a strong headwind today at around 10mph. My external batteries don't do well in the wind. This same setup will run for nearly 29 minutes if the wind is under 5mph. Normally I would come back in sport mode to leverage the wind and easily make it back, but without my boosters, I get some spotty signal in some sections. Better to use RTH mode if the signal is not consistent. With my boosters, I would have cruised 40mph all way home and probably had around 17% left. You gain an extra mile of distance (around 10% energy saved) in a 10 minute plus stretch.
I'll have to try the sport mode. I was thinking It would use more battery. I had a 5 mph wind yesterday with my flight.

I'll have to try the sport mode. I was thinking It would use more battery. I had a 5 mph wind yesterday with my flight.

Sport mode will help, but you need to keep an eye on the tachometer/power meter. Keep the rpm/power below 70%. If there is enough tail wind, 40mph is well below 70% and near the green/blue intersection.

Sport mode will help, but you need to keep an eye on the tachometer/power meter. Keep the rpm/power below 70%. If there is enough tail wind, 40mph is well below 70% and near the green/blue intersection.
will do

First real long range flight, gets me on the list! :) 15,314 ft Mavic stock setup. Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

4MHpYKU.png

Nice flight! Why did you turn around? Plenty of battery to beat it.

Thanks Cybernate
This was my first flight with the boosted Nano Sync Antennas from Maxxuav... and my first flight with 4000 mah and Powerclip from maxxuav,be fore i just did 3 flights with 3000 mah.
So it was just a Test :) ... and happy didn,t turn at 50%,because after going home at 62% was back at 10%... and i didn,t know about this Thread and the actual World record from DBS Chuck..if i would have known...sure i would tried, to go this few hundert feets further otherwise ... but summer just started...and i am new in Powermods :)

Reactions: digdat0
Thanks Cybernate
This was my first flight with the boosted Nano Sync Antennas from Maxxuav... and my first flight with 4000 mah and Powerclip from maxxuav,be fore i just did 3 flights with 3000 mah.
So it was just a Test :) ... and happy didn,t turn at 50%,because after going home at 62% was back at 10%... and i didn,t know about this Thread and the actual World record from DBS Chuck..if i would have known...sure i would tried, to go this few hundert feets further otherwise ... but summer just started...and i am new in Powermods :)

Your battery mod clip is working well. I would never get such good results with mine. I always end up leaving more than 30% capacity on my external batteries due to poor contact with the battery pins. I'll have to run with my dual 4000mah batteries to beat it, which can only be done on day with no wind. Any wind at all pushes my motor rpms into the max zone. Once I get my perfect day, I will go over 40,000ft out.

Anyway, I'm sure you will also beat that record on your next attempt. You could try adding an additional battery to get a bit more flight time, or run a 5200mah battery.

Reactions: digdat0
Your battery mod clip is working well. I would never get such good results with mine. I always end up leaving more than 30% capacity on my external batteries due to poor contact with the battery pins. I'll have to run with my dual 4000mah batteries to beat it, which can only be done on day with no wind. Any wind at all pushes my motor rpms into the max zone. Once I get my perfect day, I will go over 40,000ft out.

Anyway, I'm sure you will also beat that record on your next attempt. You could try adding an additional battery to get a bit more flight time, or run a 5200mah battery.
You are right about the 5200 mah battery...but to be honest... did my first powermod flight like 2 weeks ago with Phantom 3,and just few with the Mavic...also modded the Phantom 4 and the Inspire.. so i got now around 30 batteries allready for all 4 Copters. As i ordered,i could not imagine that a 5200 would be possible for the Mavic...but now...yes i can.. but will first try,what i got allready.
Wich powerclip you are using?

You are right about the 5200 mah battery...but to be honest... did my first powermod flight like 2 weeks ago with Phantom 3,and just few with the Mavic...also modded the Phantom 4 and the Inspire.. so i got now around 30 batteries allready for all 4 Copters. As i ordered,i could not imagine that a 5200 would be possible for the Mavic...but now...yes i can.. but will first try,what i got allready.
I bought one from a shop in the UK. Can't remember the shop name, but the mod is identical to the one from MaxxUav with the dual xt60 plugs. Mine fits too loosely. It worked well the first couple flights, but i made the mistake of removing and replacing several times. Better to just leave it on. Tried to solder it a bit to the pins, but didn't do a good job.

Reactions: in10s

Dual batteries work well in case you have a couple of 3000mah. The mavic will fly fine on a day with little wind. I've successfully flown with dual 4000mah multistar lipos for over 30 minutes at 30mph in testing, but haven't done a distance run. The weight makes me a little nervous. I really need perfect conditions. Once the motors are pushed beyond 70% power level, the efficient goes way down as motors get hot.

Reactions: in10s and digdat0
Dual batteries work well in case you have a couple of 3000mah. The mavic will fly fine on a day with little wind. I've successfully flown with dual 4000mah multistar lipos for over 30 minutes at 30mph in testing, but haven't done a distance run. The weight makes me a little nervous. I really need perfect conditions. Once the motors are pushed beyond 70% power level, the efficient goes way down as motors get hot.
im planning on running 2 3.0 lihv's, nice to see someone else has tried that much weight :) What did your 2x4000 land at for battery after 30mins?

Reactions: in10s
I guess I'll put mine up, don't know which is better, if at all! (distance away from home) or (total ft flown)?

Both flights same setup, boasted rx/tx ant. Mod with cheap Chinese omni directional +6db antennas, dual venom 2200mah batteries!

Until I work out my own version of the NanoSync / fplrv antenna I'll stick with these cheap china or take the 1's off my router antenna.

e07a037d10ffb676071f8ef33ea1ccba.jpg

8aa368adbc3f46e2fcb3db90c431074e.jpg

I guess I'll put mine up, don't know which is better, if at all! (distance away from home) or (total ft flown)?

Both flights same setup, boasted rx/tx ant. Mod with cheap Chinese omni directional +6db antennas, dual venom 2200mah batteries!

Until I work out my own version of the NanoSync / fplrv antenna I'll stick with these cheap china or take the 1's off my router antenna.

e07a037d10ffb676071f8ef33ea1ccba.jpg

8aa368adbc3f46e2fcb3db90c431074e.jpg
Where did ya get the cheap Chinese antennas?? Those are right up My ally

im planning on running 2 3.0 lihv's, nice to see someone else has tried that much weight :) What did your 2x4000 land at for battery after 30mins?

Well I'm not a good benchmark because my clip mod had poor contact. My external batteries only used 2700mah each of the 4000 available and I was down to around 11% on the Mavic battery. You guys with good external battery connections should see stellar results. That flight log was corrupted for me, so I may be a bit off on my recollection. I had covered around 40,000 ft at 50% battery and then the log was cut off. Somewhere just shy of 80,000 ft total.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat