DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

heres a screen shot of my stock remote 50,000' flight, you can see the signal was steady. That flight path is past trees,a small town, then fields. The launch point is elevated, thats the key.
6fecdaf2f1cd079bc94d61f5d5f307a6.jpg
So it is possible to do long distance with stock antenna. And you still have signals to spare. That's amazing!

Our good friend @digdat0 did a, at the time, record p3 run through fog so thick that he couldnt see 50ft in front of him. He had to rely on prop noise to bring it home! so foggy it landed in the tree next him instead of face catching it! I saw the pics! The bird was dripping with moisture. It believe it was 65,000'!
So wind bad, fog, no excuses big guy![emoji41]

yeah man that was thick fog too, was 60k ... i iced up! it was soo bad on the way back it settled in a tree, as it was afraid of the grass .. (aka, i couldnt see it and flew into a tree going 40mph with autolanding on)

3HQhnoV.png

UNBCzTp.jpg

Reactions: chazz
Remember @Porto: you gotta be really lucky for optimum performance. Some do not even make it to CE 4km in non-congested areas.
Some are probably wondering why I asked what's the real distance limit of stock remote controller (I'm on forced FCC). The answer is, I was thinking about one way flight, from a boat to a waterfront cottage. Stock battery should be able to do 7 - 8km with some wind. But now that I've thought about it, that's a very bad idea. I might be going home with just the controller! One way flight over a desert is (probably) ok, but not over an ocean.

yeah man that was thick fog too, was 60k ... i iced up! it was soo bad on the way back it settled in a tree, as it was afraid of the grass .. (aka, i couldnt see it and flew into a tree going 40mph with autolanding on)

3HQhnoV.png

UNBCzTp.jpg
Did you find the flight performance diminished from the humidity?

3HQhnoV.png

UNBCzTp.jpg
Wow that is just amazing! Such a run with multiple factors reducing performance, awesome.
@Porto: forced fcc gives me over 8km in medium congested area. Pretty sure over water it will be better but the risk is high.

I’ve found low lying clouds to hinder my range some, I’d guess that fog would hurt it some as well.

heres a screen shot of my stock remote 50,000' flight, you can see the signal was steady. That flight path is past trees,a small town, then fields. The launch point is elevated, thats the key.
6fecdaf2f1cd079bc94d61f5d5f307a6.jpg

Nice man! Did you make it back? What battery?

What is that monstrosity! :eek::confused:o_O:D

You've absolutely trashed a beautifully designed Mavic there :p. Each to their own of course, and I'm glad you get a kick out of it :DThumbswayup

Bean and his birds are fn awesome! ;) He tries stuff and SHARES details. If he had the location like SOME have he could lose those amplifiers and be on top of the leader board.

Jake
I am to stupid to figure out how to officially tag you, the fact that it's like twitter doesn't help me at all. I'm getting to be my grandpa, f.....

Here's my latest bone stock original style props( platinum ordered). Went out with a light head wind and turned around at 46%

Attachments

• IMG_0245.PNG
    IMG_0245.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
Jake
I am to stupid to figure out how to officially tag you, the fact that it's like twitter doesn't help me at all. I'm getting to be my grandpa, f.....

Here's my latest bone stock original style props( platinum ordered). Went out with a light head wind and turned around at 46%
What speeds did you use each way? If the wind was light, you should be able to pick the pace up and stretch that distance out.
Check watts vs speed and compare it at a few different tilt angles.

What speeds did you use each way? If the wind was light, you should be able to pick the pace up and stretch that distance out.
21 out and 30 back
I was reading posts back and I'm not sure how you guys were figuring that out, watts vs speed

Jake

With original props and headwind, that's a really distance! Nice job! Get those new propellers and you'll gain a couple thousand feet.

I
I was trying to run around 30% on the power chart

Nice man! Did you make it back? What battery?

nope,lil short due to the uncontrollable yaw on critical autoland. too bad cause would've been an easy finish. landed in a tree 30 feet up instead. carrying the multistar 8.0 HC overpacked

21 out and 30 back
I was reading posts back and I'm not sure how you guys were figuring that out, watts vs speed

If you read far enough back you would've found that most flyers are not figuring watts vs speed. If you can work it into your flights then good for you, but most, if not all, records that have been made and broken in the last 3 years with the p2,p3,p4,mavic & a few other models, the flyers have payed no attention to that input. calm weather, maybe warm weather (although I've broken a couple records in the winter)
most importantly the right batteries and decisions play a bigger part. Thats my experience.

21 out and 30 back
CsvView/DatCon

In my opinion, data analysis is a must to get the most out of your setup.

For example with battery mod I see the exact same wattage at 14.2 vs 15.2m/s and best efficiency close to 16m/s. Going too slow can waste power.

The core board uses enough power to get hot, so there's savings there by cutting down the flight time. Turning off VPS and not taking video will reduce cpu load. Front LEDs should be off also.

Last edited:
Reactions: cderoche
For example with battery mod I see the exact same wattage at 14.2 vs 15.2m/s and best efficiency close to 16m/s. Going too slow can waste power.
16m/s: is this without physically tilting the motors slightly forward?

Edit: Even when going against slight headwind?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13