DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

@dirtybum Phantom guys, so secretive about their setups! :p
@Duse If you're going for a stock battery record flight you should be lifting off at 100%. Use the 5 in 1 charger to top off the battery just before flight and then heat the heck out of it to 50C if possible. Preheat the aircraft and acquire GPS lock with a spare battery, and then swap your hot battery in and lift off ASAP.

And something that hasn't been mentioned before is leaving the camera cover on. The camera and grill area of the Mavic is terrible from an aerodynamic point of view. I use tape, but if you're a stickler for 'stock out of the box', technically the clear cover is a stock part.
As Im sure you know you can check the batteries with the button and the can show up at full charge ,but when you hook them up they can be at 97% from that auto discharge and when the battery is showing full bars the charger wont charge . Sooo thats why I had less then 100%
98% of the time I bring to mav wherever I go , it was pure luck I brought the mavic to work that day anyway.They were calling for heavy offshore wind s(like we've had for 2 freaking weeks) that day so I actually left it in the kitchen.I had to run back in the house for something and decided to grab it. Got to the job and it was maybe 4-5 mph out of the south.Pulled the mav out loaded battery #4 it was at 97% batt 5 was 98% batt 1, 99% batt 2 #100% . Used Batt #2 for the first run to see what the winds would be coming across the 1 mile wide inlet. Hindsite,,,,Should have used the 97% for that.
I keep the mav case (open)on the floor of the truck(Just under the floor vent)when I get to a job it goes in the house on top of heat vent if possible.
What I haven't done that you mention is gps lock with spare,..yes Iv been using the clear cover now that it colder out.I Read somewhere no to use in summer.

I think everyone is using screen recording now so proof of flight shouldn't be an issue.
dont have that, never heard of it till a week or so ago.

But I can tell you right now, I wont provide a Dat file, if requested! I never have dug one out of my AC and they are of no use to me. If I can't provide the evidence to the community with the dji go screenshots and the airdata link, that has proven reliable for two years on these distance threads, then I will just suck it up and fly the flight again, not dig for some dat file, that I'm not 100 percent convinced can't be tampered with
Yah I agree,Ill post the picture of the turn around and landing area.But DAT files? 2 sworn in approved witnesses,a release note for the government,permission note from the wife.
Come on ,nobody's winning anything ,its just for fun (and bragging rights):D:D:D:D

@JakeMaxxUAV
Please put me in for 50,038 feet. Battery Mod - 2x Protek 3600 LiHV, Titan Cyclone Range Extender and Platinum Props. I turned around at 65% and got back with 20% left in the tank. The elevation where I turned around at was around 1,240 feet so I had to climb to over 1,600 feet to complete the task.

Mavic Pro Mod Range Test 9.5 miles.Still03.jpg

Mavic Pro Mod Range Test 9.5 miles.Still02.jpg

Mavic Pro Mod Range Test 9.5 miles.Still005.jpg

Mavic Pro Mod Range Test 9.5 miles.Still006.jpg

@JakeMaxxUAV
Please put me in for 50,038 feet. Battery Mod - 2x Protek 3600 LiHV, Titan Cyclone Range Extender and Platinum Props. I turned around at 65% and got back with 20% left in the tank. The elevation where I turned around at was around 1,240 feet so I had to climb to over 1,600 feet to complete the task.

View attachment 27361

View attachment 27360

View attachment 27359

View attachment 27357
Mlash great flight. did you notice the rpm's on your flight was lower for your motors? I thought my RPM's were lower with the Platinum props.

Mlash great flight. did you notice the rpm's on your flight was lower for your motors? I thought my RPM's were lower with the Platinum props.
Yes, I agree, the rpm's are lower. I don't know if it was the props or the lighter batteries but it flew very nice!

Reactions: Phxbird57
@JakeMaxxUAV

View attachment 27361

View attachment 27360

View attachment 27359

View attachment 27357

Awesome flight man! Looks like a great flyin place. Kinda looks like the moon. You and @Phxbird57 have nice spots...I got a couple of those batteries coming next week i hope i get as good flight times as that. Can you post the airdata link? I like lookin at them.

hi, i am from Brasil i maid the new longer Fly from Brazil with dji go app, and with dji Mavic, Batery mod and Antena Mod. I never lost sinal, only a little problem with compass error.
I got 30029,53 feet or 9153m. please Jack put me in the list. Thanks

Attachments

• recorde brasileiro.png
    recorde brasileiro.png
    476.8 KB · Views: 58
hi, i am from Brasil i maid the new longer Fly from Brazil with dji go app, and with dji Mavic, Batery mod and Antena Mod. I never lost sinal, only a little problem with compass error.
@JakeMaxxUAV
Nice flight @Th.mayer You have to tag Jake, like I did above, when you put this up on the board.

Edit: I just done it for you so you don't have to do it again.

Reactions: eksffa
Wishing a safe new year to mav distance flyers!
Hoping some these "winter mod" sessions bring some numbers in the new year.

While the Mav still has potential, we've seen some of its limitations and as we share the right battery combination in the future the 59,000 hard limit will be obtainable to more of these flyers. Some of the other measures to get past that probably won't be explored by some of us here.

That being said, there are some really talented and capable distance flyers here, I invite and encourage
you guys to try your talent over on the P3 arena! There are no limitations to block your expertise over there. You can pick up P3 pretty cheap these days, not only will it open up new excitement/adventures for you but it will also boost new life into one of the original great distance threads. Peace[emoji41]

Awesome flight Thierry :)

It puts a ruler raising the bar to 30k feet to get into the top modded :)

@JakeMaxxUAV
59278ft, 18068m today. Official world record. Thunderpower 4500HV x 2, DJI battery, MaxxUAV Evolite.

I set ATTI mode near the hard limit, no brakes, full throttle into the RC disconnect, with RC lost timer set to 10 seconds. In testing I've been able to coast 300ft with no RC signal.

AVm9ejg.png

Gp8Bbfn.png

Last frame before disconnect. 58984ft from RC, 59170ft from home point.

Pp15g7k.png

Was over the home point at 19% and did a vertical descent. I think 2 x Thunderpower 4500HV are good for 70k ft on my setup. I flew higher than normal to get out of the thick fog, and temps are near zero C with minimal battery preheat.

ejOhRcx.png

Fog eating my signal, had to climb high.

jT0rqgN.png

So much battery left it's not even a challenge.

Congrats @lolo780! Great perseverance and dedication! Unbelievable flight!Thumbswayup
Thanks, it's been challenging but a lot of fun. I predicted 20% remaining after 59k out and back with the Thunderpower 4500z and it seems like on a straight and lower flight path that could be mid to high 20%.

I'm working on a 4s Mavic setup that has the potential to leave any Phantom in the dust. Now that the record is done I can spend time out at the limit testing different things to isolate where the problem originates from.

View from 770ft today. That's what I set the record in.

916603655e3020c8fe5a0577b434813e.jpg

Thanks, it's been challenging but a lot of fun. I predicted 20% remaining after 59k out and back with the Thunderpower 4500z and it seems like on a straight and lower flight path that could be mid to high 20%.

I'm working on a 4s Mavic setup that has the potential to leave any Phantom in the dust. Now that the record is done I can spend time out at the limit testing different things to isolate where the problem originates from.

sweet dude!! awesome job!

can you share the airdata URL for this awesome flight?

sweet dude!! awesome job!

can you share the airdata URL for this awesome flight?
Android Go app has a bug where flights over 30km (maybe 32768m) aren't recorded. I'd be happy to send any trusted members the aircraft .dat file which can be viewed with Csview or other software.

Wishing a safe new year to mav distance flyers!
Hoping some these "winter mod" sessions bring some numbers in the new year.

While the Mav still has potential, we've seen some of its limitations and as we share the right battery combination in the future the 59,000 hard limit will be obtainable to more of these flyers. Some of the other measures to get past that probably won't be explored by some of us here.

That being said, there are some really talented and capable distance flyers here, I invite and encourage
you guys to try your talent over on the P3 arena! There are no limitations to block your expertise over there. You can pick up P3 pretty cheap these days, not only will it open up new excitement/adventures for you but it will also boost new life into one of the original great distance threads. Peace[emoji41]

Great note dirtybum, I think I might take you up on this offer! Can you share the basics needed to get started on the phantom side of the house? After seeing Lolo solve all the mavic variables, there's nothing left here to compete for until the 59000 feet limit is removed - but not giving up until I reach it myself :)

Reactions: dirtybum

Nice record breaking flight lolo! i hope you figure out the distance thing. keep up posted on your tests..What type of 4s battery are you trying? I can tell you that the 4s thing takes care of the auto land issue. You'll be able to run the battery down until it's dead without interference from the mav programming...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69