DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I'd suggest comparing .dat files with guys above you on the stock leaderboard, and analyze your own setup to make sure you're maximizing your watt second numbers getting to the motors.
You should be looking for watt second per meter #'s in the 8s to compete for the top spots.
I keep reading about you guys talking about .dat files and honestly its like reading some foreign language.(you would figure 3 years of 7th grade and Id be a rocket scientist :confused:) I'll search for threads on itThumbswayup.Speed was determined by the wind,@20mph and 33mph coming back(hence turning around at 41%).I could have bumped up the outgoing flight to 25mph.Next distance flight I'll try full throttle.

And then to top it off you had your camera going the whole time:eek:.
I always just assumed using the camera would use more battery so dident use that and shut off front leds.:oops:
Good jobThumbswayup

Sense the weather finally got above freezing I figured I’d give it a shot and go big again over the Chesapeake Bay with a full weight Mavic, no lightning just a battery mod and Titan Cyclone. The flight started off a little rough Mavic did not register a home point for the first 50 feet. I was flying low at around 40 feet and at 30,000 feet the controller disconnected and returned home kicked in. I wasn’t going to let that ruin my flight so I turned it back around and continued flying out until I got to 60% battery level then return back with no issues getting back with 20% battery left. Without making my bird a submarine like last time.[emoji38]

b24cc5056cff9024c9a9e884fd812cb3.jpg

606501e761857d359731325d51243008.jpg

199e24d416de829f54176ed0b620242d.jpg

f164d67446d90ccc06eb9c7b20bc6634.jpg

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

@JakeMaxxUAV please add me to the board with a flight distance of 50,380 ft.

Last edited:
If you're really concerned about clean, strong signal strength at great distances you MUST check out Titandrones.com- their antenna are the best engineered and give unbelievable results...... their Customer Service is also excellent. ( No I do not work for the company) ......my experiences with them have proven to me and others that they deserve their A Plus reputation.....[emoji106]. gvg3

Sense the weather finally got above freezing I figured I’d give it a shot and go big again over the Chesapeake Bay with a full weight Mavic, no lightning just a battery mod and Titan Cyclone. The flight started off a little rough Mavic did not register a home point for the first 50 feet. I was flying low at around 40 feet and at 30,000 feet the controller disconnected and returned home kicked in. I wasn’t going to let that ruin my flight so I turned it back around and continued flying out until I got to 60% battery level then return back with no issues getting back with 20% battery left. Without making my bird a submarine like last time.[emoji38]

Nice flight! Wow, you had a lot left in the tank! You can probably get close to the limit with that setup if you straighten out the flight path and run it down. Are you running proteks?

Reactions: SkyNinja
Nice flight! Wow, you had a lot left in the tank! You can probably get close to the limit with that setup if you straighten out the flight path and run it down. Are you running proteks?

Thank CyberNate,

one of these days I’ll figure out how to fly straight out straight back[emoji38]. l know l left a lot in the tank, but I’m still flying over water so there’s not a lot of room for coming up short. I already have one bird and two Protech batteries at the bottom of the bay[emoji30]. I’m still using the Proteks 3600, I haven’t found anything better yet. I do have a couple of new batteries to test, that should arrive in the next couple weeks, I’ll let you know how they perform.

Thank CyberNate,

one of these days I’ll figure out how to fly straight out straight back[emoji38]. l know l left a lot in the tank, but I’m still flying over water so there’s not a lot of room for coming up short. I already have one bird and two Protech batteries at the bottom of the bay[emoji30]. I’m still using the Proteks 3600, I haven’t found anything better yet. I do have a couple of new batteries to test, that should arrive in the next couple weeks, I’ll let you know how they perform.

Just strap on 3 Proteks. Flies great. Plenty of lift with platinum propellers and the high voltage nature of the propellers gives you plenty of power. Flies like stock.

Nice flight. I'm flying just north of you, over that same bay. I have been lucky so far. Pushed P3 to 1% before over that water and my Mavic, I've not drained it that low over water. With experience you can make some calculated risks :)

Nice flight. I'm flying just north of you, over that same bay. I have been lucky so far. Pushed P3 to 1% before over that water and my Mavic, I've not drained it that low over water. With experience you can make some calculated risks :)

Thanks, I was in need of a good place to fly long distance with not a lot of interference and I saw you were flying out of HdG in your airdate so I decided to give the bay a try. I fly out of North Point and Sandy Point depending on the wind direction.

Thanks, I was in need of a good place to fly long distance with not a lot of interference and I saw you were flying out of HdG in your airdate so I decided to give the bay a try. I fly out of North Point and Sandy Point depending on the wind direction.

Yup you can fly forever and be only 50ft in the air.

@JakeMaxxUAV
Please put me up for 50,432 feet

Went out today with my new iPad Pro to start getting used to flying with it and ended up with 50,432 because of some serious 20+mph winds. I was going to shoot for 55k but once I got up to the top I realized the cross winds were too much so I cut it short. Using 2x Protek (I should get my 3rd protek this week) and a Titan Cyclone extender. With the 3rd battery and some calmer wind I think I have enough room up here to reach the hard limit.

UNSS2933.MP4.Still01.jpg

UNSS2933.MP4.Still03.jpg

UNSS2933.MP4.Still02.jpg

WindMap1.png

@JakeMaxxUAV
Please put me up for 50,432 feet

Went out today with my new iPad Pro to start getting used to flying with it and ended up with 50,432 because of some serious 20+mph winds. I was going to shoot for 55k but once I got up to the top I realized the cross winds were too much so I cut it short. Using 2x Protek (I should get my 3rd protek this week) and a Titan Cyclone extender. With the 3rd battery and some calmer wind I think I have enough room up here to reach the hard limit.

View attachment 28755

View attachment 28758

View attachment 28756

View attachment 28754

Nice flight! You made the right choice to turn around. You wouldn't have made the limit. You have to subtract 5% off the bottom end. You perhaps could have reached 55K max. 3rd battery, you'll be golden. It's not even a challenge with 3 proteks. Just remember to remove the caps on the bottom of rear motors. The extra cooling will help avoid any temperature issues with the extra load.

Well I went out to see if I could get a little farther, Which I did by 500ft :mad:. Temp was 80F humi. 15% wind was the factor. I was fighting a 5 mph going out. thinking good I'll have it coming back I turned around at 60 %. I was getting some good wind for a few miles then it start coming from a different direction my speed would go from 30 to 22 mph I started dropping altitude to see if I could find a good wind. not till I got about 1/2 mile from home point I could a tail wind lucky I was not sure if it was gong to make it. ended with 3% . extra batteries 2 protek's shown 11% .that was right after landing 1 hour later it's showing 44% ????
not even going to worry about telling Jake.
Edit I forgot to say I did have a 3 extra battery on a multistar 3.0

Last edited:
Reactions: mlash
Well I went out to see if I could get a little farther, Which I did by 500ft :mad:. Temp was 80F humi. 15% wind was the factor. I was fighting a 5 mph going out. thinking good I'll have it coming back I turned around at 60 %. I was getting some good wind for a few miles then it start coming from a different direction my speed would go from 30 to 22 mph I started dropping altitude to see if I could find a good wind. not till I got about 1/2 mile from home point I could a tail wind lucky I was not sure if it was gong to make it. ended with 3% . extra batteries 2 protek's shown 11% .that was right after landing 1 hour later it's showing 44% ????
not even going to worry about telling Jake.
Edit I forgot to say I did have a 3 extra battery on a multistar 3.0

You flew with 2 proteks and 1 multistar 3000 LiHV? You must have had a lot of wind. That setup should be plenty to get you to the limit. Wind is difficult to deal with when you have a lot of weight. Going out, you have to slow down a bit to keep your pitch in the optimal range. You really need to make up on the way back with high speed flying with a good tail wind.

Sounds like some high resistance going on with your setup if you see the battery voltage increasing that much after landing. When you recharge the externals, see how much you put back in. You should be seeing well over 3400mah going back into the Proteks if you flew down to 3% indicated. I often see my proteks go from 3.6V to 3.7V after sitting a while, but not the drastic amount that you are seeing.

Reactions: mlash
You flew with 2 proteks and 1 multistar 3000 LiHV? You must have had a lot of wind. That setup should be plenty to get you to the limit. Wind is difficult to deal with when you have a lot of weight. Going out, you have to slow down a bit to keep your pitch in the optimal range. You really need to make up on the way back with high speed flying with a good tail wind.

Sounds like some high resistance going on with your setup if you see the battery voltage increasing that much after landing. When you recharge the externals, see how much you put back in. You should be seeing well over 3400mah going back into the Proteks if you flew down to 3% indicated. I often see my proteks go from 3.6V to 3.7V after sitting a while, but not the drastic amount that you are seeing.
I think my splitter is my problem. All battery are down in the teen's but one protek that one was like 44% so I'm going to redo my splitter and see if I do better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803