DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Smart Controller stuck in Customs thread

gerard143

Reactions
Wanted to create a new thread specific to this issue where hopefully we can pool our posts and keep everyone aware of the happenings in this situation.

So the situation is this... DJI seems to have failed to put the proper customs documentation on our shipments arriving in the US. They are now all being held indefinitely in customs until the proper documentation is provided to customs for every single shipment on a case by case basis. The potential is here for your items to face a significant delay. See attachment for specifics.

To resolve the issue Fedex has to reach out to DJI and actually get ahold of someone for each shipment. DJI then has to fill out the necessary documentation. Get the documentation to Fedex. Fedex has to process the documentation then release the item for delivery. I am hoping an exception can be made and somehow the entire batch of DJI orders can be processed. But we are talking about customs here and mass approval of passing all boxes along isn't customary. Customs wants to know exactly what is in EACH package and have forms for EACH package.

I tried to contact DJI for resolution but was forwarded to solely use the chat function for resolve. The representative essentially said I will pass your info along have a nice day. So nothing exciting here as well all know DJI customer service is pretty awful.

I did speak with Fedex about the situation and was provided the detail into the issue from them.

Personally I am pretty pissed off about this situation and would like a partial credit back for the delay.

Crossing my fingers for everyone for a quick resolution. I was really excited to see this controller tomorrow. This sure is a bummer.

I will keep this first post updated as status changes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 2.52.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 2.52.36 PM.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Reactions: globeguy1
If I hear anything, I'll pass the news. Thanks for the update and consolidation of the thread.

If I hear anything, I'll pass the news. Thanks for the update and consolidation of the thread.

Thank you for staying on top of it I’m right there with you I’m very pissed off I was getting ready for my controller tomorrow I’m a licensed electrician self-employed I’ve lost thousands of dollars for tomorrow which is now destroyed very upset will have a tough time sleeping and yes they need to give us a definite coupons anything they can to make this up to us but mainly they need to step up and get this resolved immediately can you watch ridiculous we’re dealing with the biggest drone company in the world and for something like this to be missed as a professional company is astounding to me I’m going to contact channel 5 news and just a little while and see if I can up the process to get this resolved I’ve spent over $10,000 with this company and I am way past upset

Reactions: globeguy1
I’m disappointed too... I can’t imagine that in this day and age overseas products are shipped with out the proper paperwork....that being said it doesn’t seem to be a big deal ... a few forms to fill out and electronically sent should be a few pushed buttons... maybe when the DJI worker goes in to work at 8 am (9pm our time) or whatever time they start it will be handled

Reactions: maven4336
Perhaps related, I went to B&H's website to take a look at the Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller and it is listed as a 'New Item, Coming Soon.' The regular version of the Mavic 2 Pro is in stock, ready to ship. I wonder if B&H's order is as messed up as individual DJI customer's seems to be.

I just talked with customer service via online support and they have nothing new. Being that this has been stuck in customs I just don't see these arriving tomorrow (Friday) unfortunately. So frustrating.

Got this email from DJI this morning if it helps:

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that the package undergoes customs clearance during the delivery. This process normally takes 3-5 business days. The shipment of your package will proceed once the customs paperwork on customs clearance is complete.

Upon checking the tracking details of your order,
FedEx will be operating in the Atlanta metro area during Super Bowl LIII festivities from January 26 – February 3, 2019. Some customers in the Atlanta area may experience service delays or disruptions during this time because of government security measures in place for Super Bowl LIII.

I had asked them in my email that because of the delay they should consider a partial credit however in their answer, it would appear it's not happening as they say this delay is "normal."

Round and round we go - maybe sometime next week if the email is accurate.

Thank you for staying on top of it I’m right there with you I’m very pissed off I was getting ready for my controller tomorrow I’m a licensed electrician self-employed I’ve lost thousands of dollars for tomorrow which is now destroyed very upset will have a tough time sleeping and yes they need to give us a definite coupons anything they can to make this up to us but mainly they need to step up and get this resolved immediately can you watch ridiculous we’re dealing with the biggest drone company in the world and for something like this to be missed as a professional company is astounding to me I’m going to contact channel 5 news and just a little while and see if I can up the process to get this resolved I’ve spent over $10,000 with this company and I am way past upset
So, now all your DJI stuff is up for sale?

What they really mean is oh $hit it will be stuck in customs longer because we failed to ship it with the necessary documentation.

thank you gerard143 for starting this thread. I am stuck in customs like a whole bunch of other people and when the Chinese New Year starts I think almost all work will stop for a week.

This is why I wait and pay more to get it from Worst Buy, oops I meant Best Buy.
I hear too many problems dealing direct with DJI.

Wanted to create a new thread specific to this issue where hopefully we can pool our posts and keep everyone aware of the happenings in this situation.

So the situation is this... DJI seems to have failed to put the proper customs documentation on our shipments arriving in the US. They are now all being held indefinitely in customs until the proper documentation is provided to customs for every single shipment on a case by case basis. The potential is here for your items to face a significant delay. See attachment for specifics.

To resolve the issue Fedex has to reach out to DJI and actually get ahold of someone for each shipment. DJI then has to fill out the necessary documentation. Get the documentation to Fedex. Fedex has to process the documentation then release the item for delivery. I am hoping an exception can be made and somehow the entire batch of DJI orders can be processed. But we are talking about customs here and mass approval of passing all boxes along isn't customary. Customs wants to know exactly what is in EACH package and have forms for EACH package.

I tried to contact DJI for resolution but was forwarded to solely use the chat function for resolve. The representative essentially said I will pass your info along have a nice day. So nothing exciting here as well all know DJI customer service is pretty awful.

I did speak with Fedex about the situation and was provided the detail into the issue from them.

Personally I am pretty pissed off about this situation and would like a partial credit back for the delay.

Crossing my fingers for everyone for a quick resolution. I was really excited to see this controller tomorrow. This sure is a bummer.

I will keep this first post updated as status changes.
You then have to wait to see if FedEx sends you a bill for handling the customs problem. They often send an invoice weeks later to the receiver of the goods, with a sum to pay which states for customs clearance work along with their added handling charge included in the total.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_