DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline Maps

Bhally

Reactions
Can anyone tell me the where the Go 4 App offline maps are stored on an Android device?

TIA

If you click gallery tab it should show several folders. look for the one that has your maps. For example: when I take a screenshot on my phone, it stores in a folder called 'screenshots' ... (in the gallery app). Granted I am running with a Samsung and the most current Android OS... 8.0 Oreo. So your saved offline maps will either be in that folder or .... you will need to access your "MY FILES" folder. it reveals everything on-in your phone, including downloaded content (this is why I hate Apple o_O)
R.J.

If you click gallery tab it should show several folders. look for the one that has your maps. For example: when I take a screenshot on my phone, it stores in a folder called 'screenshots' ... (in the gallery app). Granted I am running with a Samsung and the most current Android OS... 8.0 Oreo. So your saved offline maps will either be in that folder or .... you will need to access your "MY FILES" folder. it reveals everything on-in your phone, including downloaded content (this is why I hate Apple o_O)
R.J.
Thanks for the reply I have looked many times with two different file managers and I cannot find the location of these downloaded maps or how to delete them if I need to. I am very familiar with Android and find this unusual.

Thanks for the reply I have looked many times with two different file managers and I cannot find the location of these downloaded maps or how to delete them if I need to. I am very familiar with Android and find this unusual.
Wait, I thought offline maps for Android on the Go4 app discontinued early this year. Where are you going in tha App to find "save map"? That may be your issue?
I find myself to be pretty proficient w/Android. Sorry I couldn't help.
R.J.

OK, solved! I figured out where you go and then downloaded a map. I then looked through my entire phone to no avail as well. It stores itself in the app itself.
So go to where you 'download map' look in the upper right hand corner, you will see a small click on map with pen logo (click it!) You will then see your downloaded maps.
Honestly though I just go to Airmap App ... zoom into my areas and take screenshots. I usually take wide on to show air space, one to show a wide view of area, one of the close up area...it works better than that junky-clunky "offline map"
R.J.

OK, solved! I figured out where you go and then downloaded a map. I then looked through my entire phone to no avail as well. It stores itself in the app itself.
So go to where you 'download map' look in the upper right hand corner, you will see a small click on map with pen logo (click it!) You will then see your downloaded maps.
Honestly though I just go to Airmap App ... zoom into my areas and take screenshots. I usually take wide on to show air space, one to show a wide view of area, one of the close up area...it works better than that junky-clunky "offline map"
R.J.
You are totally correct there they are in a list from that drop down at the top I had not even spotted that lol. I see the three area's I downloaded and named great stuff they can be removed from here if need be very nice.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo