DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline maps

Twocalf

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. When I go into Offline Maps I'm able to navigate to the area I want to get coverage for. I see a wide (east-west) and narrow (north-south) box which I assume defines the map area to be downloaded. Can anyone confirm that 1) this is the correct behavior and 2) is the downloaded map restricted to the narrow strip?

Also I believe I located the directory where downloaded maps are found on the internal storage...a folder named "Mob". It appears that the downloaded maps have file names like ".xxx", where xxx are letters (e.g. .wkl, .slw, .mcw, .mcl, etc.). Those files are relatively small, like less than 100 B, which seems exceedingly small. I'd like to clear them out but thought I'd check to see if anyone has experience with this.

I was hoping to download satellite imagery to use when I'm out in the bush but from all I've read it seems that offline download maps only have a "map view" showing roads, towns, etc. In the wilds of Idaho where I will be doing most of my flying there are a few Forest Service roads and that's it.

Thanks,
Mike

Update: I've found a list of some of the offline maps I downloaded by clicking on an icon in the upper right corner of the Offline Maps Download screen (looks like a book with a pencil). Sure enough the maps I downloaded and named show up, each around 57-60MB. There are two that say "Paused" which I would like to delete. I can't seem to find a way to delete them. I've read some older posts that folks found they could only have X number of offline maps at one time (somewhere around 6-7).

Any comments would be welcome.

Mike

Hi

downloaded maps list press and hold the pause map and a small window should
pop up and give you an option of resume, delete etc!!

If you download one area then move the map to another area you can then download that area.
rename them via the maps list hold and pick rename?

Reactions: packafoma
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake