DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Ohhhhh Noooooo!!!

Just got my Mini 2 repaired and it was flying perfectly. So I decided to do a video of my latest acquisition, a 2001 Porsche Boxster S.
Things did not go as planned...
Hopefully no damages to either.

I read the article (interesting). Has anyone figured out how to recover a drone from the similar condition? Cut the power? Hold the power but call for a lateral motion?
From my understanding of the article and some videos I've seen - about the only way to recover is to move laterally into 'clean' air so your blades can regain lift.

Reactions: Paint Rock Drones
The descent was at least twice as fast as what I’m used to. I wasn’t paying attention!

Oh yes they are!

I still fly it. It’s not perfect, but it will do for now. And yes, I did have it in sport mode but I always do. It was an extraordinarily fast descent that I was not prepared for. Guess that’ll teach me!
IMO - I believe I read that sport mode disables avoidance sensors.
glad your Mini2 survived.

The descent was at least twice as fast as what I’m used to. I wasn’t paying attention!

Oh yes they are!

I still fly it. It’s not perfect, but it will do for now. And yes, I did have it in sport mode but I always do. It was an extraordinarily fast descent that I was not prepared for. Guess that’ll teach me!
IMO - I believe Sport Mode disables avoidance sensors. Happy that your car and Mini2 survived.

Reactions: Crash Pro
From my understanding of the article and some videos I've seen - about the only way to recover is to move laterally into 'clean' air so your blades can regain lift.
That would be correct as far as I understand it. I started reading about this when I adjusted my MA2 to descent at 10m/s, but from what I read all DJI drones since Phantom (don't recall which one) are made to prevent this from happening.

Reactions: Prop Wash
That would be correct as far as I understand it. I started reading about this when I adjusted my MA2 to descent at 10m/s, but from what I read all DJI drones since Phantom (don't recall which one) are made to prevent this from happening.
Good to know - thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman