DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oil the brushless motors?

KJT

Reactions
So I'm wondering if you could and should oil the motors on a mavic mini?

I'm not sure of the construction of the MM motors, but I'd like to think that DJI use sealed bearings on their drones all round...

Does anybody know what type of motors are on the MM?

there is no need to oil the motors ,and as a downside to such action you could cause more wear as dust and small particles stick to the oil and restrict movement,if the motors are kept kleen ,and given a blow through with an air puffer as part of your airframe maintenance ,then they will probably outlive the drone

there is no need to oil the motors ,and as a downside to such action you could cause more wear as dust and small particles stick to the oil and restrict movement,if the motors are kept kleen ,and given a blow through with an air puffer as part of your airframe maintenance ,then they will probably outlive the drone
I use motor covers anyway, but thought that oil may well attract unwanted dust.

So I'm wondering if you could and should oil the motors on a mavic mini?

I'm not sure of the construction of the MM motors, but I'd like to think that DJI use sealed bearings on their drones all round...

Does anybody know what type of motors are on the MM?

All DJI drones are brushless motors, I seriously doubt if a brushless motor has failed during flight. As for oilIng NO NO NO, oil is a hydrocarbon which is a none conductor and could shield the magnetic field. Fly safe

Reactions: KJT
What I do is occasionally use my vacuum on its lowest setting - which is a little slider that lets in air from other than its 'business end' - and I hold it over the top of the motor and lightly draw air through the windings and whatnot. I have been doing this regularly for years with my Phantom 4 and now my Mavic 2 Pro. There are so many particulates in the atmosphere, and occasionally, if the lighting is just right - especially during Spring - you can see all the micro critters floating around. Rest assured, they are also making their way into your motors during flight.

Also, if you store your copter in a case with foam cutouts or padding, the foam will break down and dry out over time, and this can introduce FOD to the motors as well. For my P4, I have the rubber motor covers, but I do not for the M2P. As such, I continually vacuum out the slot where my M2P sits in my GPC case..

As stated above though, don't use any oil, and I would also stay away from forced air.

Reactions: KJT
All DJI drones are brushless motors, I seriously doubt if a brushless motor has failed during flight. As for oilIng NO NO NO, oil is a hydrocarbon which is a none conductor and could shield the magnetic field. Fly safe

Oil is not going to affect the magnetic field at all but other than that, agreed - definitely don't oil motors with sealed bearings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes