DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OIS in camera?

kmaluo

Reactions
Sorry for the dumb question, but I assume that since the camera body shakes so much in flight, that there is OIS in the camera itself? Thank you

Nope. Small linear shifts like that are unnoticeable as long as rotation is compensated, unless you're very close to a subject.

Nope. Small linear shifts like that are unnoticeable as long as rotation is compensated, unless you're very close to a subject.
Sorry, I don't understand. How is the video feed being stabilized when the camera is visibly shaking? Every little motion on my point and shoot camera is easily seen on it's display when OIS is turned off.

Sorry, I don't understand. How is the video feed being stabilized when the camera is visibly shaking? Every little motion on my point and shoot camera is easily seen on it's display when OIS is turned off.
The gimbal stabilises on three axis, accurate to around 0.03 of a degree so it does a remarkable job of ironing out the movement

Reactions: kmaluo
It isn't, but... what I said in the post above. What's very apparent is rotation/change of angle, and that's taken care of. Shifts are not noticeable unless the subject is very close.

It isn't, but... what I said in the post above. What's very apparent is rotation/change of angle, and that's taken care of. Shifts are not noticeable unless the subject is very close.
Ah ok, so the shaking I see is the gimbal doing its thing. Just seems from my stationary vantage point that the Mavic is pretty calm, but the Camera is going wild. Everything is mounted securely. Thanks

Ah ok, so the shaking I see is the gimbal doing its thing. Just seems from my stationary vantage point that the Mavic is pretty calm, but the Camera is going wild. Everything is mounted securely. Thanks
The gimbal shaking is it moving on its rubber mounts.Tnese are designed to take up most of the high frequency vibration but cannot do much for lower frequency movement. It is a suspension system and pretty crude design and compression mounts are much better at absorbing the movement however, the movement of the gimbal you are seeing is actually countered by the brushless gimbal.
They are very efficient at what they do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78