DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ok guys pull out the new mavic pro today, i got a problem

ok guys got it, i had to sleep on it , and i reverted this shield back to 6.01, so i will try again, its easy and hard, depending on your pc, and if i get time i will do a straight forward video on how to do it

Once you're on 6.0.1 you won't have any issues with your shield. I downgraded K1 shield and have not crashed once. I've flown 20+ flights since the downgrade, no issues at all. On Nougat it crashed every couple of minutes.

As for rolling back 6.0.1 this thread Nvida K1 Tablet at the official forums worked for me.

Last edited:
as of now, i updated out of box and have not touch any setting on mavic, its all default

Before you take off again I would definitely at least set your RTH settings or you might end up with a crashed mavic.

Before you take off again I would definitely at least set your RTH settings or you might end up with a crashed mavic.
give me a lesson.........what should i set and check, please help, ill do when i get home tonight, this weekend supposed to be 70's cant wait

Once you're on 6.0.1 you won't have any issues with your shield. I downgraded K1 shield and have not crashed once. I've flown 20+ flights since the downgrade, no issues at all. On Nougat it crashed every couple of minutes.

As for rolling back 6.0.1 this thread Nvida K1 Tablet at the official forums worked for me.

truth all the vids i watched just confused me, some use third party apps and others just word it wrong, or dont explain the proper commands and how to engage them and how to set up folder.....but i took 10 videos and took bits and pieces form each and it worked, i think i will do it again for practice, but what i would like to know, is i stopped auto updates, but is there anything else i and others should know about the shield, im just going to use it with my drones, nothing else

give me a lesson.........what should i set and check, please help, ill do when i get home tonight, this weekend supposed to be 70's cant wait

Cmon, do your homework yourself, go to you tube and pull up everything "toms tech time" has done on the mavic, you'll know it all.....

i thought tom tech time a defaults where good.....but ill keep looking

well another idea

MAVIC PRO HIGH CAM.........for sq8 again, just to watch the mavic fly......with dual lipo mount

mavic high cam001.jpg mavic high cam002.jpg mavic high cam003.jpg

ok 1st I got to say it is very stable, but it don't fly like my phantom 4 , I can fly my P4 like a rc plane, and that's with gps mode, atti mode even better, but mavic is very agile and stiff, I think caz of the air breaks always stopping you at all points, and plus P4 is a lot heavier, and there is no atti mode on mavic.......or my settings are not right, but so far great bird, that's not the BAD

the Bad is that on 2 battery flight, my Nvidia shield crashed 5 times, and once it was total disconnect, I had to shut down mavic, controller and shield and it came back up, I never lost control of mavic, but I hit RTH to get it back and luckily I was up 200 feet, so I was way above tree line

every thing is still at default setting , mavic, controller, and Sheild

so I need help, or I'm going to test with my ipad
I am running an Ipad mini air 4. Totally flawless, never a hiccup over hundreds of flights!

Attachments

• IMG_0274 2.JPG
    IMG_0274 2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: runnynoze
ok i think its all about my drivers, my windows vista automatically add drivers on its own, so i think tonight i will give it a try again, caz when i woke up the shield had gone from total black screen to it turned on again, but 7 does suck, it crashed 2 times on the bench......so i will try get proper drivers then start the downgrade process
Lol. Windows Vista.

I actually upgraded my wife's iphone so I could use her iphone 6 for the mavic. I also use her ipad mini 2 when not out hiking. Both work well, my Samsung S7 had multiple disconnects and crashes, no more.

yeah im old school.......never crash vista

Yeah, you're right. Most folks are never able to wrest control from Vista long enough to crash it. The endless superfluous disk activity precludes it, so they give up and do something else. ;)

**** I left my Shield upload Nougat 7. That's why I am geting crashes now..Same with my S7, never had a problem before after all that investiment , awful. At least I have IPad Air , but its companies IPAD, I just need to be careful...Thanks for the updates

**** I left my Shield upload Nougat 7. That's why I am geting crashes now..Same with my S7, never had a problem before after all that investiment , awful. At least I have IPad Air , but its companies IPAD, I just need to be careful...Thanks for the updates
if you use android for drone, stop it from autoupdates

Yes. Folks just seem to gloss over that fact... That the mavic was designed to work with iOS.

Is this confirmed via DJI at all? I was about to buy the Mavic, however only have Android devices. If I need to purchase a new tablet/phone as well, I may as well roll through to the P4Pro...

Is this confirmed via DJI at all? I was about to buy the Mavic, however only have Android devices. If I need to purchase a new tablet/phone as well, I may as well roll through to the P4Pro...

The official line from DJI is that they officially support both IOS and Android devices as below:

• ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Unofficially, performance on Android devices seems inconsistent than IOS devices, some devices are known to be problematic whereas some work fine for some people and unusable for others even for devices on the compatibility list above. DJI's display on the Phantom 4 Pro + is Android based and some people report instability there as well (never looked into it much as I don't have a P4P+), for the price difference if I was going for a P4P, I'd probably go for a refurbished Ipad Mini 4 rather than go for the plus.

With the Mavic, I had problems with the Galaxy Note 4 which kept crashing when I tried to run it with the controller so I didn't spend much more time with it. I tried an older Sony Z Ultra which was a bit better but still unstable, I wiped the entire device and only installed DJI Go 4 which has helped as it's been stable since. I'd come very close to buying a refurb iPad mini 4 even though I dislike Apple after the Sony had hard crashed and wouldn't resume communications with the Mavic which thankfully wasn't far away.

John

I only have android devices. Both my Galaxy S5(Marshmallow) and my K1 Shield(Marshmallow, downgraded from Nougat) run just fine. I have ZERO issues with either. Upgrade the Shield to Nougat, which I had done, and you may as well just use the RC. It crashes more than it works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga