DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ok guys pull out the new mavic pro today, i got a problem

ok 1st I got to say it is very stable, but it don't fly like my phantom 4 , I can fly my P4 like a rc plane, and that's with gps mode, atti mode even better, but mavic is very agile and stiff, I think caz of the air breaks always stopping you at all points, and plus P4 is a lot heavier, and there is no atti mode on mavic.......or my settings are not right, but so far great bird, that's not the BAD

the Bad is that on 2 battery flight, my Nvidia shield crashed 5 times, and once it was total disconnect, I had to shut down mavic, controller and shield and it came back up, I never lost control of mavic, but I hit RTH to get it back and luckily I was up 200 feet, so I was way above tree line

every thing is still at default setting , mavic, controller, and Sheild

so I need help, or I'm going to test with my ipad
You can set the braking attitude in settings

I went the route of brand new Nvidia shield and after crash after crash, I broke down and got an iPad mini4. I have had it for over a month and have numerous flights and haven't had the app crash once (knock on wood).

Unofficially, performance on Android devices seems inconsistent than IOS devices, some devices are known to be problematic whereas some work fine for some people and unusable for others even for devices on the compatibility list above. DJI's display on the Phantom 4 Pro + is Android based and some people report instability there as well (never looked into it much as I don't have a P4P+), for the price difference if I was going for a P4P, I'd probably go for a refurbished Ipad Mini 4 rather than go for the plus.

With the Mavic, I had problems with the Galaxy Note 4 which kept crashing when I tried to run it with the controller so I didn't spend much more time with it. I tried an older Sony Z Ultra which was a bit better but still unstable, I wiped the entire device and only installed DJI Go 4 which has helped as it's been stable since. I'd come very close to buying a refurb iPad mini 4 even though I dislike Apple after the Sony had hard crashed and wouldn't resume communications with the Mavic which thankfully wasn't far away.

John

Ok thanks. Thought I must've been missing something. I've had similar crashing issues once or twice over the years with my Samsung Tab S when using my Phantom 3 Pro, however nothing a factory reset couldn't fix. Advantage of having a dedicated tablet I guess, no drama doing a factory reset if need be. I do wonder how I would go with a Mavic using my old LG G3 using Android 5.0. Not pristine by any measure.

no further than marshmallow will work right now, so its tricky but you have to downgrade if you can

Ok thanks. Thought I must've been missing something. I've had similar crashing issues once or twice over the years with my Samsung Tab S when using my Phantom 3 Pro, however nothing a factory reset couldn't fix. Advantage of having a dedicated tablet I guess, no drama doing a factory reset if need be. I do wonder how I would go with a Mavic using my old LG G3 using Android 5.0. Not pristine by any measure.

There's no guarantees with Android devices but the LG G3's spec is good enough for the Mavic, I'm using a mobile phone with near identical specs with my Mavic and it's been working fine plus it has the advantage it's no problem to wipe it and only run the DJI software.

John

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64