DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OK I get it now

Jack Ray

Reactions
My (new to me) Mavic Pro is my foray into liPo batteries. Having extensive experience with NiCad batteries I kept looking for so-called smart chargers. After reading all I can find about this new (?) technology I realize these batteries are the smart part.
So, being a “newbie” it appears that the DJI recommendation of cycling batteries every 3 months simply means fully charging and then let them slowly reach their storage voltage.
I’m really not as dumb as I look! ?

Don't worry your not alone!! I have 6 battery's and I numbered them with sharpie and rotate up the numbers. So far I haven't had to manually discharge any. I also have been doing a low hover periodically and letting them go down to 1-2% until the drone wants to auto land. Not sure if this is healthy for them or not?!

The cycle recommendation was letting the battery go below 10% and charging back up. Most of us don't believe that's necessary. I don't think even DJI engineers believe that's still recommended but it still gets in the guides. The idea is so that the "gas guage" can see a full use of the battery and chart power used compared to voltage. The battery smarts uses many variables to more accurately track capacity making this unnecessary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998