DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old MP guy with new MP3

toucanf16

Reactions
Don’t laugh, but I purchased my third Mavic, a Mavic 3 last June and haven’t flown it yet (life priotities out of whack!). I purchased it in Hong Kong if that makes a difference and I’m now located in the states. I travel worldwide. I have not updated firmware. Will the drone fly in the US with its present firmware? If I do the upgrade, is connectivity required to fly in the USA? other parts of the world?
Current firmware…
Aircraft 01.00.0800
RC 01.00.0400
App 1.7.06137F217-95E5-415E-A6C4-EEDBF2C6CE79.jpeg

Reactions: Hauptmann
Coming from a very similar situation. I was a expat living in Beijing for 3 years and just returned to states just over a year ago. While in Beijing I purchased DJI FPV, Air2S, Mini 1/2. When I returned home, nothing changed. It does not matter where you purchase and where you fly in this sitiuation. Only thing the drone notices is the GPS location. You will be fine updating firmware no matter where you purchased.

You may not have warranty coverage. I know Care Refresh is only available in the region of purchase. I think warranty may be that way also.

Reactions: Hauptmann
You may not have warranty coverage. I know Care Refresh is only available in the region of purchase. I think warranty may be that way also.
I know this to be true with the Inspire 2 that I bought.

Don’t laugh, but I purchased my third Mavic, a Mavic 3 last June and haven’t flown it yet (life priotities out of whack!). I purchased it in Hong Kong if that makes a difference and I’m now located in the states. I travel worldwide. I have not updated firmware. Will the drone fly in the US with its present firmware? If I do the upgrade, is connectivity required to fly in the USA? other parts of the world?
Current firmware…
Aircraft 01.00.0800
RC 01.00.0400
App 1.7.0View attachment 161353
Before updating anything, consider the consequences. Currently, you have the ability to select from multiple FW versions, including hackable earlier versions. If you allow everything to update automatically, it will update to anti-rollback FW, and immediately turn on Remote ID, whether you want it on or not. Remote ID still is not mandatory in the U.S. until September 16th. Decide what features you require for your intended use, and what you are willing to sacrifice to get them.

If I do the upgrade, is connectivity required to fly in the USA? other parts of the world?
No matter where you fly, connection to the internet is not required once you are signed into your DJI account in the app.
Current firmware…
Aircraft 01.00.0800
That firmware version is after DJI fixed the big problem that plagued the Mavic 3 early in its life so it should be fine.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have not updated firmware
If you’re happy with the capabilities that you currently have, there may be no reason to change anything. Check the release notes for the various updates past what you have. Keep in mind that information published in release notes may include items that are not quite desirable for everyone.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If you’re happy with the capabilities that you currently have, there may be no reason to change anything. Check the release notes for the various updates past what you have. Keep in mind that information published in release notes may include items that are not quite desirable for everyone.
It's also often what is missing from the release notes that often create the Gotcha's!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird