DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old thread--ongoing issue with a twist

SGM

Reactions
I realize this issue has probably been beat to death and while I normally just read the posts, I was surprised the other day while flying in 'course lock' on airplane mode, (.0700 FW) a DJI message came across stating "critical firmware update required, give us permission to turn on WiFi for update" I of course declined.

This is where it gets strange and I am not trying to grow the conspiracy theory or be paranoid however,
30 sec after I declined the app shut down - I clicked back in still connected and in course lock, I continued flying and shooting footage. A couple of minutes later, the drone started yawing left and right, drifted left - right and started to climb (about 10' from current elevation), I immediately brought it to the ground with no issues, no issues the rest of the day.
Was it me, I don't believe so, cant get much simpler than course lock and I have been flying more than a week. after looking at the footage on my phone, it looks as if I am in FPV mode flying sideward at an angle and some of my settings were changed, not all back to default (that would have made sense, just some of them). funny, the video is unreadable when downloaded.

This poses a concern as 1, I was in airplane mode; 2, all of the issues directly behind the message all leading to the question HOW and WHY?

While others have also gotten messages while on airplane mode, this issue with the PM moving out of my control could have been worse if it was not only 50' away and in LOS.
Has anyone else had issues such *** this?

What version of DJI Go 4.x are you running? I ask because I am running FW.0700 with Go 4.07 - no problems or *forced* anything.

Go is on 4.1.3 (dji snuck in an update after I rolled back the re and quad) this was the first time receiving a message like this and any issues since rolling back to 0700.
Nothing forced just acting strange after declining the message.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan