DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OMG the horrible advice I just heard given on a webinar...

Looked at the 107. Looks like a lot of ** to me. I can see why he wouldn't get one.
Interesting statement. I've never looked into 107. Never have flown commercially either, just fly for fun. I wonder if id come to the same conclusion if I reviewed 107 training manuals? Hmmm.

Interesting statement. I've never looked into 107. Never have flown commercially either, just fly for fun. I wonder if id come to the same conclusion if I reviewed 107 training manuals? Hmmm.
Part 107 allows you to use your drone for non-recreational uses. That includes posting videos on YouTube, checking your roof, just flying around like it’s a radio controlled toy.

I fly for fun and use my drone for my lifelong landscape photography hobby. I am retired and wish to stay that way. That said I do have a part 107 certification and my drone is registered as part 107 as well which means I can fly under part 107 rules instead of 44809 or CBO based rules. I like actually having a clue what the rules of national airspace are and how they apply to me and the places where I fly since I know where I can get correct information on where I can and cannot fly and don't have to worry about it.

There is a possibility that this certification will be more useful up the road if any of the BVLOS recommendations are implemented as none of those rules will apply to 44809 recreational fliers.

The test isn't really that onerous to be honest.

Reactions: Don Testme
The only interesting thing is the lack of understanding of the responsibilities of being a drone owner and how one individual's lack of knowledge or caring affects all of us.

I wonder if id come to the same conclusion if I reviewed 107 training manuals?
Is following the law really an option though? I mean, I guess it could be if one is unethical and does not get caught.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_