DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One bad thing about owning a New Mavic 2 Zoom!

It make's Rainy day, after Rainy day, after Windy day, after Windy day.... Really, Really SUCK!

Grrr.
It’s a nuisance for sure... out here in the AZ deserts for 4-5 months of the year daylight temps stay above 104 degrees F... precludes most daytime flying....
The rain will stop... someday.

I got a mavic 2 zoom for Christmas and I've only been able fly it once since then, it's been a quite wet and windy winter in the UK,just as the weather has been getting better we now have a lock down. Seems I wasted my money buying dji refresh and my drone license. Oh well fingers crossed this will be all over before next winter.

I got a mavic 2 zoom for Christmas and I've only been able fly it once since then, it's been a quite wet and windy winter in the UK,just as the weather has been getting better we now have a lock down. Seems I wasted my money buying dji refresh and my drone license. Oh well fingers crossed this will be all over before next winter.
Consider doing the refresh on your current refresh policy.

First. to whom removed my last post, please accept my apologies. It wasn't meant to be rude. I'm sorry.

Second, how many time's are you able to Refresh your Refresh? Is that something you can do over and over again?

It make's Rainy day, after Rainy day, after Windy day, after Windy day.... Really, Really SUCK!

Grrr.

Im just the Opposite , the only days I bother to fly is when the weather is extreme and or its pouring down rain.

The biggest problem is that the Rain never lasts long enough.,. lol

You might consider getting a Wet Suit to take on the Rain .

We offer the Twilight Package to the Forum Members which comes with all 4 colors and 3 battery Covers
You can choose what color you need depending on your Environment.

Email me at [email protected]
Check out the Website to see all the fun we have in the storms.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

Phamtomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

Im just the Opposite , the only days I bother to fly is when the weather is extreme and or its pouring down rain.

We offer the Twilight Package to the Forum Members which comes with all 4 colors and 3 battery Covers

View attachment 97738

Phamtomrain.org
Coal

Wow! you really fly when it's raining? Just the thought of it makes me quiver !!

First. to whom removed my last post, please accept my apologies. It wasn't meant to be rude. I'm sorry.

Second, how many time's are you able to Refresh your Refresh? Is that something you can do over and over again?

To clarify, if you have no claims (or just one in the first year), you can opt to renew for a 2nd year for the same annual charge again, and use it in the 2nd year as you would the first, with either 2 claims still pending, or if you make a clian year 1, you have 1 more claim you can make.

Phamtomrain.org
Coal

(Why can't I get Phamtomrain.org to open up ?)

I've often wondered about how these work.

The protect the battery and water ingress around there, but do they stop moisture through front area, gaps etc around the gimbal / vents behind, etc ?
Also, what of the motors ?
Can they be damaged through being wet, especially repeatedly over time ?

How windy is it? The Mavic 2 series can handle a very good amount of wind.

It's been a brutal spring here for wind. Yesterday and today are gusting upwards of 50 KPH. Almost every time I have flown I get a wind warning.
Last week we had one really nice day. Warm and calm. Now it's back to cold and light snow with High Winds. Frustrating

Reactions: Christianpeso

The protect the battery and water ingress around there, but do they stop moisture through front area, gaps etc around the gimbal / vents behind, etc ?

Did you ever get an answer on that question?

Email me at [email protected] and I will send you at Catalog with some videos.
Thank you.

Just to answer a few of the Questions .

Motors our Brush less Aluminum and our designed to negotiate water so we have never had any issues on the Mavics or the Phantoms.

The Vents our protected two ways first they our protected with the Vent Covers which our made convex and the Compression band can be used for heavy flights in the pouring Rain.

We have over 100 flights this year in the rain and no problems with the Mavic 2.
We also use the Smart
Controller which has proven itself in the rain .

The Wet Suits offer many benefits besides just flying in the rain.

Prop Covers seal out the dirt and debris from getting inside the props .

The Sensor have better protection from Reflections that can throw them out of sync.

The Wet Suits offer a really fast visual Orientation and better line of sight

Provide a really nice secure non slip hold when hand catching

email me at [email protected]

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji