DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One case to hold it all.

MikeM3

Reactions
Fayetteville, NC, USA or NE Caribbean Costa Rica
I've been looking at a variety of Mavic Pro cases with the intent of finding one that will hold a dedicated mobile device (phone or tablet), tablet holder (for when I use a tablet), aftermarket multiple battery charger, filters, etc. But I also have an Osmo+ with a Z-axis and I want to hold it. So there's a couple of Mavic Pro plus Osmo cases out there (Go Professional and MC-Cases as well as the Manfrotto Aviator Hover-25 pack) but none of these handle more than the basic items (essentially the stock Fly More bundle) and none hold the Z axis (maybe you can stuff it in the Manfrotto but that's not a case is it?).

I need a case because (1) am am toting everything back and forth to Costa Rica and (2) I'm taking it all out on a boat and want everything organized right there. Obviously another option is multiple cases.

I was thinking about a Pelican 1550, but it's really not much bigger than the MC-Case (18.43 x 14.00 x 7.62 vs 18.26 x 14.4 x 6.9). Obviously I can tighten up things when I do the layout (there's a lot of wasted space in the Go Professional and MC-Cases cases). This Condition 1 cases is bigger but their 'customizable foam' is awful.

Opinions?

I typically use two cases. I put my tablet and a battery in a small pelican 1450 case. My Mavic Pro, controller and a spare battery all three along with the cables go in a Beta Shell Series 6 case. That Beta Shell is my go to case, especially when I am on the water. It is completely waterproof and floats. If I use my phone instead of the tablet, I can get the phone in it as well. So that's the Mavic, two batteries, controller, cables and phone. OH and some Polarpro filters. I didn't like the outer skin color though on the case so I put my own vinyl wrap on it in safety yellow so it is really visible in case it goes overboard.

I do have a 1 case to hold it all solution as well. If I want it all in one case, which is very rare, I use a military surplus case that pelican makes for AN/PVS 7B night vision goggles. I bought my own foam to go inside it and I can get the Mavic, controller, three batteries, tablet, cables, and the original charger that came with the Mavic all inside. If you can find one at a local surplus store you can get it for about 1/3 the cost of a new one, you just might have to clean it up a bit. I actually took mine apart, taped it off, and painted it black. I have one for my Mavic and one for all of my GoPro cameras as well.

Last edited:
I typically use two cases. - deleted for brevity.

I'm currently stuck with two cases - 1 for the Mavic Pro (a HobbyTiger case) and an Amazon Basics camera case for the tablet, tablet mount, sunshade, USB cable. And there's lots of single cases that will hold the Mavic Pro plus lots of batteries and two that will hold the Mavic Pro and just the Osmo+. But no one ever seems to have made an even a stand-alone Osmo+ case that considered the Z axis, let alone a case for everything.

I want to have one case that holds at least the Mavic Pro, extra batteries, phone or tablet, the Osmo+, the Z axis, and extra batteries.

I'm currently stuck with two cases - 1 for the Mavic Pro (a HobbyTiger case) and an Amazon Basics camera case for the tablet, tablet mount, sunshade, USB cable. And there's lots of single cases that will hold the Mavic Pro plus lots of batteries and two that will hold the Mavic Pro and just the Osmo+. But no one ever seems to have made an even a stand-alone Osmo+ case that considered the Z axis, let alone a case for everything.

I want to have one case that holds at least the Mavic Pro, extra batteries, phone or tablet, the Osmo+, the Z axis, and extra batteries.

I doubt you are going to find a off the shelf case already pre cut for all that, but Pelican has some pretty big cases you could just customize yourself if you get pick foam in it. The case I use didn't have foam in it, but I ordered large sheets online and then cut it all myself to fit.

I use the lowepro 400 rucksack and it fits everything in for me my Mavic Pro and Spark fly more stuff my laptop and tablet and spare Samsung s6 all accessories. And they do a even bigger version
This is mine
https://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Flip..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=EWM728292BFYHCFV5V3M
I think the OP implied he needed something he could take in a boat on the water and keep it organized. I have used a rucksack as well when I want to hike in some of my gear to places, but it isn't waterproof, and even though I know where all my things are, they aren't even close to being organized.

I have the MC Explorer case, and I modified the removeable side piece to accept my Epson Moverios, and all of the bits and pcs. in the Fly-More Combo, plus new bits and such, one case.
Not as clandistine as the Fly More bag, but carries everything, and I can drop down to the Fly More bag when I need "stealth".......heh heh heh heh....

I bought this one for my Mavic Pro, sold the drone with the case and bought a new one for my Mavic 2 Pro and the new case is even smaller than the old one but both were $28 for Mavic Pro and $30 for M2P with free shipping on ebay. They have a hard shell top and the fabric of the back pack part is, they state, waterproof. The case is very light weight, well made and comfortable to wear on and arm/shoulder or as a back pack. The new case has cut outs for three batteries and the fourth battery just stays on the drone body ready to fly. I have space for my phone or tablet in the pocket fitted to the hard shell top. You would need a second case for the rest of your gear though. But this is a great case, well made and extremely low priced for what you get and the cut outs are in a firm foam and fit everything perfectly.

Attachments

• CASE.jpg
    CASE.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Here is the inside of the case. As you see there is space for cables, charger etc. all there.

Attachments

• INSIDE CASE.jpg
    INSIDE CASE.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 24
Take a look at Harbor Freight. I use their Apache 4800 and everything fits. MPP, RC, Phone, Filters, Charger, 5 Batteries, Marco Polo, etc...

Two questions:

1. What's the foam like? Does it 'pluck' cleanly? Do the die-cuts line up?

2. Does it have that 'wonderful' Chinese aroma? I have bought HF stuff that smelled atrociously (wheel kits, hoses).

Two questions:

1. What's the foam like? Does it 'pluck' cleanly? Do the die-cuts line up?
A: It's 1/2" pieces and yes they came out neatly. You have a solid base piece about 1 1/2" and then 2 layers of the "pluck" which are 2" thick.

2. Does it have that 'wonderful' Chinese aroma? I have bought HF stuff that smelled atrociously (wheel kits, hoses).
A: Not at all, I didn't notice any of that strong smell from it.

Also, they have 3 different sizes, the 4800 is the biggest and I have everything in it except the landing pad. If you have a local store you can open them and handle them in the store before you purchase it.

Last edited:
Take a look at Harbor Freight. I use their Apache 4800 and everything fits. MPP, RC, Phone, Filters, Charger, 5 Batteries, Marco Polo, etc...
4800 works great for me. I'm a real estate photographer & the Apache 4800 allows me to bring 2MP(need a backup just in case), ipad 9.7 mounted on to the remote, spare remote, 4 battery's, ND filters & extra cables. Looks & works great. Very professional. 20180918_210429.jpeg

I use a pair of Nanuk cases; a 920 for the Mavic + batteries, and a 915 for the CrystalSky + MavMount. The 920, Nanuk offers a laser-cut insert for the Mavic, which is fabulous. The 915 case with the MavMount, I used their "generic" foam insert which has squares die-cut. Just remove the pieces to make the shape you need. I'm sure I could've used a single, larger case but I decided for two - so I can grab the Mavic and go with my phone, or bring the 2nd case with CrystalSky.

Super cases - highly, highly recommended!

IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg

I use the Apache 3800 from Harbor Freight for my Pro and Air. I wanted the smallest case that I could put my small drones into and have everything in one place. I think the best bang for your buck on hard cases. I sprayed the foam with plasti-coat once I had pulled all of the correct foam.

I use the Apache 3800 from Harbor Freight for my Pro and Air. I wanted the smallest case that I could put my small drones into and have everything in one place. I think the best bang for your buck on hard cases. I sprayed the foam with plasti-coat once I had pulled all of the correct foam.

I was thinking about doing that to seal the top, how did that turn out for you?

I was thinking about doing that to seal the top, how did that turn out for you?

it worked out very well and is holding up well. I would highly recommend coating the foam as opposed to leaving it uncoated. It tears too easy without it.

Attachments

• 20181130_124837.jpg
    20181130_124837.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d