Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

One of the best drone pilots

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So, how many drones do you think he's crashed? :D

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
no doubt the footage is reversed
That's the crazy thing. This guy really is flying backwards. Impressive videos for sure.

wytnyt

Reaction score
nope,cant buy it,theres times in his feed where the drone/operator is totally obscured
the beauty of editing

Reactions: Cessna pilot

Gray_seagull

Reaction score
So, how many drones do you think he's crashed? :D
No clue, he said that he practiced with the Hubsan X4 drone
I wouldn't do that with my mp but I will try to practice with the Tello and the T1d rc

Reactions: Norm62

Wilbur&Garth

Reaction score
At least some of those sequences are legit. There's one part where you can see the kids walking forward before he takes off. Then there's another where he hits a twig sticking up and you see it bouncing right after he passes.

Reactions: JDawg

Norm62

Reaction score
I think this is the real deal. Ken Heron (YT) had a guest on a 2 part clip talking about it. I think this is the same guy? Not sure I'd ever be bold enough to try it! :)

Yep, same guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2EJ

wytnyt

Reaction score
At least some of those sequences are legit. There's one part where you can see the kids walking forward before he takes off. Then there's another where he hits a twig sticking up and you see it bouncing right after he passes.
true but nothing will make me believe all are real,he is flying making changes while totally out of sight of the drone,

RayOZ

Reaction score
But that was just straight reversing as the car drives forward. When the road turned, he slowed and kept going straight instead of turning with the road. Maybe he was afraid to get his left/right wrong.

dvarapala

Reaction score
But that was just straight reversing as the car drives forward. When the road turned, he slowed and kept going straight instead of turning with the road. Maybe he was afraid to get his left/right wrong.
I doubt that dude is afraid of anything. :D

gjmphoto

Reaction score
Whatever he's doing, it's totally cool! Watching that second video, you realize this is the real deal! Wow. The "Slingshot" idea makes complete sense...and you know he's focusing in on negative space...he's not watching the drone, he's watching the gap. Very cool.

RayOZ

Reaction score
I've seen one on FB by another guy who did the same. He used a MA and he even flew between the trusses of the legs of a water tower. That was skill.

Drone on

Reaction score
The footage is not reversed, and there's no trick editing techniques involved.
The pilot' name is Mattias Allring.
Ken Heron of YT fame featured him, which started the convo.
Here is a vid of Mattias explaining how he does it. This is part 1 of 2
Mattias has his own YT channel for more of these examples. To an extent this is not excessively challenging, but it does take giant kahoonas to attempt.
MattiasAllring

Last edited:
Reactions: W2EJ

tomfisk

Reaction score
You wanna see some obstacle flying then look at this video...twice through power lines...

RobH2

Reaction score
I don't think he was flying backwards. I think he was flying forward and reversed the video.
There are multiple scenes where you see a person walking forwards. I'm amazed at his skill. Regardless, forwards or backwards, why does everyone enjoy beating people up so much? Flaming someone who is showing us cool stuff does not make the forum a fun place to show and tell our experiences. He wasn't flying way beyond VLOS, he wasn't flying to 1000 ft, he wasn't flying over a rock concert at night. Save your flaming for those people. Let's all just appreciate the interesting experiences other people have with their aircraft. I think it would make the forum a nicer place to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeDeelf