DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One of the best drone pilots

So, how many drones do you think he's crashed? :D

no doubt the footage is reversed
That's the crazy thing. This guy really is flying backwards. Impressive videos for sure.

nope,cant buy it,theres times in his feed where the drone/operator is totally obscured
the beauty of editing

Reactions: Cessna pilot

At least some of those sequences are legit. There's one part where you can see the kids walking forward before he takes off. Then there's another where he hits a twig sticking up and you see it bouncing right after he passes.

Reactions: JDawg
I think this is the real deal. Ken Heron (YT) had a guest on a 2 part clip talking about it. I think this is the same guy? Not sure I'd ever be bold enough to try it! :)

Yep, same guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2EJ
At least some of those sequences are legit. There's one part where you can see the kids walking forward before he takes off. Then there's another where he hits a twig sticking up and you see it bouncing right after he passes.
true but nothing will make me believe all are real,he is flying making changes while totally out of sight of the drone,

But that was just straight reversing as the car drives forward. When the road turned, he slowed and kept going straight instead of turning with the road. Maybe he was afraid to get his left/right wrong.

But that was just straight reversing as the car drives forward. When the road turned, he slowed and kept going straight instead of turning with the road. Maybe he was afraid to get his left/right wrong.

I doubt that dude is afraid of anything. :D

Whatever he's doing, it's totally cool! Watching that second video, you realize this is the real deal! Wow. The "Slingshot" idea makes complete sense...and you know he's focusing in on negative space...he's not watching the drone, he's watching the gap. Very cool.

I've seen one on FB by another guy who did the same. He used a MA and he even flew between the trusses of the legs of a water tower. That was skill.

The footage is not reversed, and there's no trick editing techniques involved.
The pilot' name is Mattias Allring.
Ken Heron of YT fame featured him, which started the convo.
Here is a vid of Mattias explaining how he does it. This is part 1 of 2
Mattias has his own YT channel for more of these examples. To an extent this is not excessively challenging, but it does take giant kahoonas to attempt.
MattiasAllring

Last edited:
Reactions: W2EJ
You wanna see some obstacle flying then look at this video...twice through power lines...

I don't think he was flying backwards. I think he was flying forward and reversed the video.
There are multiple scenes where you see a person walking forwards. I'm amazed at his skill. Regardless, forwards or backwards, why does everyone enjoy beating people up so much? Flaming someone who is showing us cool stuff does not make the forum a fun place to show and tell our experiences. He wasn't flying way beyond VLOS, he wasn't flying to 1000 ft, he wasn't flying over a rock concert at night. Save your flaming for those people. Let's all just appreciate the interesting experiences other people have with their aircraft. I think it would make the forum a nicer place to be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98