DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One of the best drone pilots

There are multiple scenes where you see a person walking forwards. I'm amazed at his skill. Regardless, forwards or backwards, why does everyone enjoy beating people up so much? Flaming someone who is showing us cool stuff does not make the forum a fun place to show and tell our experiences. He wasn't flying way beyond VLOS, he wasn't flying to 1000 ft, he wasn't flying over a rock concert at night. Save your flaming for those people. Let's all just appreciate the interesting experiences other people have with their aircraft. I think it would make the forum a nicer place to be.
Good point since most of the people dissing on this guy could not fly as good as him forward or backward. Just a note if he was flying forward and reversing the shot you would see the front props. A second note it’s harder then backward as your visual perspective is different. When filming for TV shows and movies we always try to “leed” the shot flying backwards.

Reactions: ayoslick
Too bad so many are saying this is a trick, you can see, if you want to, that it is real. Dude is some kind of Drone Savant.

I don't see this as one video or even one type of flight. A lot of this could have been done as a LITCHI Waypoint mission. I am not discounting his flying abilities but perhaps his viewers are giving him more credit then he deserves. I have flown Litchi missions where I took the footage home, refined the flight and then added additional footage to end of it. Taken that home, refined it again and added more flight time. As to the driving portion , no doubt he can fly from the cab of a truck, As I mentioned, this is not all one technique (in my opinion).

Even if he is flying forward and reversing it in post, he has my admiration. The principle is the same for determining, in a full scale aircraft, if your on a collision course with another aircraft. If the aircraft is moving across the windshield, you are not on a collision course. If it is stationary and getting larger...do something. He is doing an incredible job of holding that 'sight picture' as the drone goes away from him.

Watch the video he explains exactly how he does it. He seems extremely credible. Give the man some props. Not only, that but he’s taking the time to teach those who want to learn.

Well I’m happy that’s its probably all legit, but my question is why bother and so what! Bit harsh and I know it’s skilful but once is enough!

I think it’s legit and admire the skills...one thing I wondered is doesn’t GoPro have remote view. Could you achieve the same effect by putting a forward facing camera and watching that feed...
Or fly forward with a GoPro attached facing the rear.

Reactions: Simmo and ICHOTT
Are you kidding? Anyone who's doubting this is showing their sour grapes. This guy has found an amazing technique that he has mastered. You doubters need to watch the vid where he explains what he's doing and why. Keeping the rotors out of the image at high speeds and creating and absolutely mind-blowing effect. Just give him his props...admit that he has bigger ones than you do, and get on with it! Don't be haters...accept it as a challenge and try it!

Reactions: Rockisy and JDawg
This is super cool and definitely requires talent. I love the effects reverse flying provides. I have a question. Why do drones not have an auxiliary rear facing camera to achieve shots like this without having to train yourself backwards flying techniques? It would be a great option I recon!

Reactions: Jonarbel
Forwards or backwards, that's pretty cool.
10/10 would have hit a tree/ rock if it were me flying lol

I don't see this as one video or even one type of flight. A lot of this could have been done as a LITCHI Waypoint mission. I am not discounting his flying abilities but perhaps his viewers are giving him more credit then he deserves. I have flown Litchi missions where I took the footage home, refined the flight and then added additional footage to end of it. Taken that home, refined it again and added more flight time. As to the driving portion , no doubt he can fly from the cab of a truck, As I mentioned, this is not all one technique (in my opinion).

Are you able to fly your drone forward and then used the same route on your map to fly backwards full speed? Is that possible?
Cheers
Daasmangi

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura