DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Only three LEDs lit up while charging for many hours, is that normal?

Moksaphoto

Reactions
I just got a Mini 4 pro, I upgraded the latest firmware and could fly it no problem. BUT I have been charging it for many hours now and only 3 LEDs are litting up periodically from left to right on the backside of the drone as usual when you are charging it.
My old mini 3 was filling them up all 4 eventually and then become continuous light for all four LEDs signaling that the charging is complete. It looks like it stops at three, no continuous light... Is that normal or? He does this with both batteries (I have a normal that comes with it and a high capacity one as well.) I will leave that for the entire night, maybe it will do something but I am afraid it is some technical issue...?!

Nope. Check the battery level while in your drone. The most likely thing is you are using the wrong USB C cord or charging from the USB A port. Either could result in a many hour charge.

Reactions: Moksaphoto
What charger are you using? Sounds like not enough watts. The lowest rated charger I have used with my mini 3 and 4 pro is a Samsung fast charger for my phone. It will output 9 volts at 2 amps (18 watts) and does fully charge in a little over an hour.

What charger are you using? Sounds like not enough watts. The lowest rated charger I have used with my mini 3 and 4 pro is a Samsung fast charger for my phone. It will output 9 volts at 2 amps (18 watts) and does fully charge in a little over an hour.
Just a regular USB wire to a regular USB slot on my desktop. I think you are right, that is why so slow, because when I left it on charge overnight finally they all went green by the morning. Thanks!

For charging the Mini 4 pro batteries and RC2 battery you should use an USB charger with at least 30 watts.
It works from regular USB port as well it just takes forever... I wonder if it makes a difference in the length of battery life if it is charged so slowly or faster? Or it does not affect it at all?

A lithium battery will last longer if it takes 3 hours to charge and not just one hour. The temperature is also important.

I had the same problem with the batteries for my Air 2S. After two weeks of frustration, I happened to notice that my charger was set to 60%. Make sure it isn't this simple!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne