DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinions on Storing Mavic 2 Pro with props on?

Sn4pper

Reactions
Evening all!

I'm looking for some opinions...

Should I be taking props off after each flight? I'm concerned it could cause damage over a long period? Could the motors/props bend?

TY

Reactions: Hawkeye-dronefoto
I leave mine on, mostly to avoid wear and tear on the engine mounts (I see the props themselves pretty much as consumables), and they only come off if I notice one has been damaged and needs replacement. They're also generally secured in place with some of the velcro straps you can get to prevent them moving around when they're in a carry bag - just tight enough to hold the props firm against the body of the aircraft, but not place any excessive pressure on anything.

I do, however, generally remove the battery if I know the aircraft is going to be on the shelf for more than a week or so.

No need if it's going into a hard case with foam cutouts to fit. If you're carrying it in a back pack or unprotected, maybe. In any case the motor shafts are fairly robust so there's not much chance of damage there. Prop blades are flexible but not so delicate like those on the Mini, so temporary flexing isn't likely to hurt anything.

Only time mine come off is when I change them. I do have a case
like posted above.

Huge fan of leaving the Props on also. I find that the Props are already loose enough let alone if you keep taking them on and off.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain or Float on Water.

Reactions: mr.jipi_
Not trying to be an echo chamber, but if you store it properly in the case you should be alright. I was afraid at the beginning too, having had Mini props warp. The main issue with keeping props on is putting pressure on them for a period of time that caused them to become distorted. That is much more an issue with Mavic Minis. If I were storing in that shrunken-down case that you get with the fly-more kit then I would take the props off. But in a hard/semi-hard case with foam cut-outs you should be fine. There are rubber bumpers on the bottom of the M2 so if the props are on the inside of the bumpers nothing will touch them. On the top just secure them so they don't flop around. I just slip a loose rubber band or velcro tie over the props just to keep them inside and on top of the body. They sit almost flush on top so it would take a lot to distort them.

dracckit_insert.jpg

Evening all!

I'm looking for some opinions...

Should I be taking props off after each flight? I'm concerned it could cause damage over a long period? Could the motors/props bend?

TY
I have had my M2P for a year now, and always stored with the props on. I use a flexible rubber band to secure the blades. The only time I have removed the blades has been for IMU calibration.Have not noticed any problem flying so far.

Attachments

• Mavic 2 Pro in Case.jpg
    Mavic 2 Pro in Case.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
I use Master Airscrew folding props, but always take them off when putting back in the hard case when finished for the day. Mine tend to bend and deform, so I take them off to prevent that.

I have had my M2P for a year now, and always stored with the props on. I use a flexible rubber band to secure the blades. The only time I have removed the blades has been for IMU calibration.Have not noticed any problem flying so far.

The mind is a terrible thing (to go to) waste... You just reminded me that I have a camera backpack that I've just had hanging in the closet storing old camera gear. I think it's time to have it available for "repurposing" :). [Anyone need the 4x5 view camera that's sitting on the floor below the backpack???]

Reactions: Chiuki
Always keep them on and store in a case with elastic holding them in place on the body of the craft.

I have had a mavic pro since launch and a mavic 2 from launch till this day never took the props off once with no harm done

No guards ..soft case and *never consider removing props on either Air or my Sparks. I hand catch for the most part and would probably see it if they weren't tracking properly. When you look at four props at the same time ..the odd one would surely stick out.
*I've tangled with limbs a couple of times and I've had to take a look at the mounting tabs. They look to me to be the weak link if there is one and the main reason I have for not removing the props.

Same here; leave my props on, secure with rubber bands. I carry mine in a back pack all the time. No issues over 4 years or more.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61