DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orange County, CA area

Im from city of Orange and im having a hard time finding a spot to fly on without getting harass.
I been to Ave De Santiago at anaheim hills and that place is nice but when my brother went there, he got harrass by an old couple claiming hes stalking them lol

Anybody wants to meet up?

Hi ... presently I am flying out of the central park at our apartment complex near the El Toro "Y" (HW5 & 405). There is a very large construction project next door (Los Olivos 2) which gives plenty of space especially early in the morning on Sat/Sun before most are up. There is definitely space for a couple of fliers to join me if any interest. I fly out over the park and into the construction area from a table/umbrella & chairs at the Bar-B-Que area. Not much of a view from where I sit, but it is comfortable, but once it the air, there is a lot of space to fly. It is for residents, so let me know so I can be ready to host.

Hi ... presently I am flying out of the central park at our apartment complex near the El Toro "Y" (HW5 & 405). There is a very large construction project next door (Los Olivos 2) which gives plenty of space especially early in the morning on Sat/Sun before most are up. There is definitely space for a couple of fliers to join me if any interest. I fly out over the park and into the construction area from a table/umbrella & chairs at the Bar-B-Que area. Not much of a view from where I sit, but it is comfortable, but once it the air, there is a lot of space to fly. It is for residents, so let me know so I can be ready to host.

I live around the corner. What are your coordinates?
I usually fly some evenings here:
33.693118, -117.733820

I live around the corner. What are your coordinates?
I usually fly some evenings here:
33.693118, -117.733820
Quite close ... 33°38'32.51"N, 117°44'48.08"W For me, mornings are best (at least here) since there are fewer people out and about (joggers, dog walkers, kids in strollers) Also, I can walk over to the best launch area. How about you ... live close to where you fly? Yours looks like very close parking.

Quite close ... 33°38'32.51"N, 117°44'48.08"W For me, mornings are best (at least here) since there are fewer people out and about (joggers, dog walkers, kids in strollers) Also, I can walk over to the best launch area. How about you ... live close to where you fly? Yours looks like very close parking.

Yes, I'm in Woodbury. No one is around here, just construction adjacent during weekdays. I'm heading over here this afternoon 2-3 to iron out my I2 for an upcoming shoot. Drop by if interested

Sounds good ... I'll see if this works with my wife's schedule ... if not, then another time for sure.

Thanks for coming out today. Enjoyed the time!

Going flying Thursday and Friday morning (probably down the coast at a beach) if anyone want to join in, let me know here

Hi ... sounds fun, but I think I'll stick closer to home. I fly from my apartment complex's central park area early in the morning before most are up and around ... 6:30-7am. Especially on Sat & Sun mornings I fly out over a very large construction project when no one
is working ... and without flying over buildings. The central park offers a great area to sit at a table under an umbrella, and setup my landing pad on grass.

thinking around 11 am at a Dana Point beach, that area shows green on Airmap

Dana Point is one of my favorite spots. The first half of this video was shot from the harbor area. I usually stay away from people by flying from the rocks. There are no drone signs at the top of the hill in the conversation areas, so stay low near the coast

Reactions: WAXMAN and Dogstr
Great footage!

Dana Point is one of my favorite spots. The first half of this video was shot from the harbor area. I usually stay away from people by flying from the rocks. There are no drone signs at the top of the hill in the conversation areas, so stay low near the coast

Be careful flying in Laguna Beach. They now have a city drone ordinance and it is pretty specific on where you can and cannot fly there. I was not aware of it and was flying at one of the beaches (over the water not the beach) filming the waves crashing onto the rocks and the lifeguard came over and tried to remove me from the beach. I informed him there is no ordinance against flying over the ocean and he let me stay but did request to see my FAA license. Just a FYI.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I'm from Anaheim. I fly from Pendelton (work on base) all the way up to LA. I've had my Mavic for about a month. I'm taking it with me to Jamaica in two weeks. I'm considering getting my FAA license just to shut up anyone who has something to say about me flying.

Adding myself to this thread. I’m a new Mavic owner, after flying a Spark last couple of months. I live in Long Beach, but travel all over So Cal. Looking for good places to fly.

Guys, if you haven't already, go check out the new store in Costa Mesa!! It's like an Apple store but DRONES!!11!!1!1@21!1@!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU