DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Oregon Solitude

Very nice! There's nothing like fly FPV in the wide open space.

You may have flown an area early American settlers may have passed through on their way to the coast. Nice flight!

I am a native Oregonian....born and raised. Lived here for 65 of my 72 years. And my wife and I camp in SE Oregon at least once a year. So I was trying to calculate where this was shot

no trees at all, not even Juniper. No large sagebrush, just ground-hugging vegetation tells me this was shot at about 8000' in elevation.

so my guess is either The Steens, The Pueblos, or The Trout Creek mountains. I'm guessing on top of the Steens somewhere before the road to the Kiger Gorge overlook. Mainly because the main road looks to be wide and in good shape like it is on the Steens loop

Another great video!

Reactions: sarahb
Very nice! There's nothing like fly FPV in the wide open space.
Absolutely, no worries out there about disturbing anyone, just great landscapes, thanks
You may have flown an area early American settlers may have passed through on their way to the coast. Nice flight!
Yeah, those are the kind of thoughts I have as well, including what this area must have looked like to Native Americans even earlier
I am a native Oregonian....born and raised. Lived here for 65 of my 72 years. And my wife and I camp in SE Oregon at least once a year. So I was trying to calculate where this was shot

no trees at all, not even Juniper. No large sagebrush, just ground-hugging vegetation tells me this was shot at about 8000' in elevation.

so my guess is either The Steens, The Pueblos, or The Trout Creek mountains. I'm guessing on top of the Steens somewhere before the road to the Kiger Gorge overlook. Mainly because the main road looks to be wide and in good shape like it is on the Steens loopI have when traveling remote areas, who first settles these areas. No doubt native Americans were here thousands of years ago as well
Hello, this was filmed on Succor Creek road around 20 miles north of the Jordan Valley and around 5 miles north of where the road begins on Highway 95. Elevation here is around 3800' and Junipers and Sage bushes begin just a few miles further up the road at 3000' elevation. Another road branches off at that point heading west along Leslie Gulch and over to Slocum Creek campground at Owyhee lake. The road along Leslie Gulch is a must see for any native Oregonian, incredible landscapes that rival some of the best scenery in Utah. I'll be posting video of Leslie Gulch next week. Thanks

I had to chuckle thinking about your view of the terrain down there compared to how I use a drone in the coastal forests: I have to bring my drone up to at least 150-200' AGL to even see what the terrain might look beneath the tree tops. Below that you have endless views of tree trunks right in front of you :)

Nice footage.

Absolutely, no worries out there about disturbing anyone, just great landscapes, thanks

Yeah, those are the kind of thoughts I have as well, including what this area must have looked like to Native Americans even earlier

Hello, this was filmed on Succor Creek road around 20 miles north of the Jordan Valley and around 5 miles north of where the road begins on Highway 95. Elevation here is around 3800' and Junipers and Sage bushes begin just a few miles further up the road at 3000' elevation. Another road branches off at that point heading west along Leslie Gulch and over to Slocum Creek campground at Owyhee lake. The road along Leslie Gulch is a must see for any native Oregonian, incredible landscapes that rival some of the best scenery in Utah. I'll be posting video of Leslie Gulch next week. Thanks
ok then

that surprises me a little. But when I think about it, not a lot. And yes the Succor Creek/Leslie Gulch area is pretty amazing. We camped once at Succor Creek, but it was a hot spell and with all the rim rock it was an oven there. We did sit in the creek to cool off. A couple of times we went to Slocum, and one of the times saw a herd of around 20 Bighorn sheep about 75 yards off the road

we camped near Jordan Valley a few years ago (before I had drones). Camped at Antelope Reservoir. Were tempted to haul the RV about 15 miles to the Cow Lakes. It's pretty back there. Will camp there if we go back. Another day trip worth the effort is the long road to Birch Creek Station. It's located along the banks of the Owyhee River. It's a real steep descent from the plateau above. 4x4 road to save brakes. But the cliffs along that descent are more spectacular than Leslie Gulch

I had to chuckle thinking about your view of the terrain down there compared to how I use a drone in the coastal forests: I have to bring my drone up to at least 150-200' AGL to even see what the terrain might look beneath the tree tops. Below that you have endless views of tree trunks right in front of you :)

Nice footage.
Yeah, where I live the forests are mostly cactus, so at 10' AGL I have great views! Thanks for watching
ok then

that surprises me a little. But when I think about it, not a lot. And yes the Succor Creek/Leslie Gulch area is pretty amazing. We camped once at Succor Creek, but it was a hot spell and with all the rim rock it was an oven there. We did sit in the creek to cool off. A couple of times we went to Slocum, and one of the times saw a herd of around 20 Bighorn sheep about 75 yards off the road

we camped near Jordan Valley a few years ago (before I had drones). Camped at Antelope Reservoir. Were tempted to haul the RV about 15 miles to the Cow Lakes. It's pretty back there. Will camp there if we go back. Another day trip worth the effort is the long road to Birch Creek Station. It's located along the banks of the Owyhee River. It's a real steep descent from the plateau above. 4x4 road to save brakes. But the cliffs along that descent are more spectacular than Leslie Gulch
We camped at Antelope Reservoir on the way also, nice, but got down into the 20's at night! Weather was close to perfect at Slocum Creek campground, but picked up 1/2" or rain on 2nd night and many folks left! Found out why on the drive next morning to Succor Creek, the road was hard pack gravel but my camper van was wandering a bit climbing the steep hills and was not sure we would make it. The guy camping near us slid off the road and was stuck in the grass, not a place to drive in rain unless you have 4X$4. I'll have to check out Birch Creek Station, sounds like my kind of place, thanks
I just cannot view FPV footage, no matter how beautiful the scenery was. Off...immediately,
Dale
Someone is fishing, but I'm gonna pass on the bait

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifish4bass