DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solar Eclipse Oregon 2023

Rob Dog

Reactions
Tomorrow is the big day but the forecast throughout Oregon does not look good for viewing. We shall see.... I plan on going up pretty high and doing a time lapse of the ground to see if I might catch the shadow moving through. Worth a try I figure..... 30 minutes of fun I hope!

I hope things work out for you. I'm near Sacramento, CA, we're only supposed to get a crescent eclipse. I don't know if our sky will darken noticeably.

Reactions: RodPad and wjkrysak
Thanks for sharing Rob Dog.

I'll be able to see 45% coverage here in Indiana weather permitting.

Screenshot_20231013-122250.png

In 2024, a total eclipse will happen with 100% from Texas to Maine and Indiana is in the middle of it. :cool: :cool:

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.
Cloudy, here in Georgia, but will take a look anyway :)

Reactions: RodPad and MA2 317
Yes,
Thanks Rob Dog, MA2 317

I didn't know about it. :rolleyes:

" I plan on going up pretty high and doing a time lapse of the ground to see if I might catch the shadow moving through. Worth a try I figure..... 30 minutes of fun I hope!"

That's a interesting thought!

The last one here was a total eclipse?
Anyways I had a P3?
The footage from that day, would have been better if I crashed it. :rolleyes::)

Rod ..

Reactions: MA2 317
It will be cloudy here in Toronto. I'm willing to bet that will also happen during the total eclipse next year — it's happened at nearly every significant astronomical event since I moved here!

Reactions: RodPad
For fun, ask some one how many times they have been around the Sun.
I made that question up on my own. :)

Actually, check this app out!

I try to share this with Parents, Grandparents that think there is a little one that would learn from this info.

Rod ..

Reactions: Rob Dog
Thank you for the reminder, but what is the "rain date?" L 😁 L . . .

In Virginia, the weather is projected to be rainy and overcast...

Last edited:
BTW, I can't see the sun, but I know where it should be, so I brought that app, I figured out where the Sun and Moon are right now. 09:00 am PSdT.

Rod ..

Reactions: LoudThunder
I haven't figured out your post yet, I was thinking some like a rain check.
It was intended to be a joke… A "Rain Date" is usually the date an event will be rescheduled if the weather interferes…

Here in Hampton Roads, Virginia, it is raining right now and the eclipse is scheduled to occur in about 1-hour, so it will basically a non-event for us… It may darken a bit, but probably not more than if a dark cloud passed over...

So, the joke was, Please reschedule the Eclipse when the weather is better… (Hence, the LoLs…).

Got it, must be how rain check got started. :)
I was try to figure out if the word "tank" was part of it also, Just couldn't put it together. :rolleyes:👌

Rod ..

I was try to figure out if the word "tank" was part of it also, Just couldn't put it together. :rolleyes:👌
"Tank" you for the heads-up, I did not notice the misspelled word "thank", it has now been corrected and I can see your point; was I making a side joke with a play on words. No, it was just sloppy typing and my spell check may have "tanked" the correction… L 😁 L . . .

I am so disappointed, the weather made the eclipse a non-event in Hampton Roads, Virginia. I wanted to "Dance to the light of the Moon," and all I got was "Wet by the Monsoon…" L 😎 L . . .

As the old American expression goes, "The good Lord willing, and the creek doesn't rise" there is hope for the Solar Eclipse on April 8, 2024. It promises to be a better one us further east with about 80% to 90% Totality.

☀️ 🌔 🌓 🌑 🌗 🌖 ☀️

In Montreal, we only got 17% in shade but miraculously, the cloudy skies parted for about 15 mins around the peak eclipse.

Attachments

• 231014_Eclipse_099.jpg
    231014_Eclipse_099.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2