DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Original MP Battery "life span"

Zonian

Reactions
I put the bird up in the yard today just to cycle the batteries...it's about 0*F here now, so I didn't really send it anywhere, just flew around the yard at about 20ft off the ground.

Anyway, while screwing around within the Litchi App, I checked the battery settings and each one indicated 93% Life, having had 71 recharges...(pretty good at using both of them alternatively, I guess!!!) These are both original DJI MP batteries that are now over 3 years old.

Anyone got any idea how much longer they will last?

Impossible to say ... LiPo batteries degrades over time, how quick depends on age, # of charge cycles, usage & storage care.

If your batteries doesn't suffer from any kind of visual degrading (swelling).
You have stored them correctly.
You haven't discharged them too low regularly.
You haven't charged or stored them too warm.
If you've monitored your batteries & know that the cells doesn't have too big deviation voltage wise regularly.
You know that they don't generate bigger voltage drops when pushed for amp draw in somewhat colder weather.

Then they should continue to work without incidents ... more than the flight time will be shorter & shorter as the full charge capacity slowly diminishing compared to the designed capacity they had when they were new.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
The batteries seem to be pretty stable and aging well...have not been abused and never noticed more that .02v difference between cells...so I guess that is pretty good?

The batteries seem to be pretty stable and aging well...have not been abused and never noticed more that .02v difference between cells...so I guess that is pretty good?
You could test them off by pushing them a bit in the coldest environment you usually fly in. Max out the elevator & throttle simultaneous during 5sec with a freshly full charged battery somewhere where you can handle a force landing without a disaster. Then check the voltage drop in the log after worth ... if the drop in any cell dramatically spikes down to levels around 3,5V than I should be cautious with that battery.

You could test them off by pushing them a bit in the coldest environment you usually fly in. Max out the elevator & throttle simultaneous during 5sec with a freshly full charged battery somewhere where you can handle a force landing without a disaster. Then check the voltage drop in the log after worth ... if the drop in any cell dramatically spikes down to levels around 3,5V than I should be cautious with that battery.
I think I will try that...I'd like to have that peace of mind. Thanks.

Reactions: slup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake