DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OriginaldoBo Under investigation by the FAA " Not Joking"

This is actually very funny. I had dinner with Ken Wednesday night here at Comm Expo, and we talked a little bit this very thing, some people just need to chill.

Some people are just jealous of Ken.

I've spent quite a bit time online with Ken, but this week was the first time in person. He's a great guy!!! And he handled this very well. Kuddos to Ken for this video. And kuddos to the FAA guy for being such an easy going guy.

When drone pilots use posted footage on YouTube as a revenue source and then occasionally get called out for their questionable flying behaviour, which may be seen by many, the truly professional ones don’t refer to the source of the challenge as “trolls”. They objectively review the concerns and, if truly warranted, they make some changes. We can all benefit from that type of learned response, but especially so, if placed in a position of influence for other less experienced pilots. If a video had no content of concern, the pilot’s phone would be very unlikely to ring.

Not sure why but it would seem he has taken down the video he made about his conversation with the FAA.

Only a guess maybe the FAA guy did not know he was being recorded. View attachment 134736
EDIT- I just checked youtube: I DO know him. Ignore my statements of not knowing him. He posts a lot of vids in which the pilot is clearly him. This is why I won't do a drone channel, especially where I am identified as the pilot. I recieve vids of drone footage from others and myself, it's a mix, but I won't identify who sent me videos or which ones are mine.

original post - Why is Originaldobo being investigated. I as many of us don't know him unless he has other handels he goes by. Does he have a drone channel or something? Are there some videos in which the FAA thinks he may have crossed the line. They must also know he was the pilot in any of those videos where lines were crossed.

I only know the pilots of the videos I post by E-mail. I don't post y own. ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Mint
EDIT- I just checked youtube: I DO know him. Ignore my statements of not knowing him. He posts a lot of vids in which the pilot is clearly him. This is why I won't do a drone channel, especially where I am identified as the pilot. I recieve vids of drone footage from others and myself, it's a mix, but I won't identify who sent me videos or which ones are mine.

original post - Why is Originaldobo being investigated. I as many of us don't know him unless he has other handels he goes by. Does he have a drone channel or something? Are there some videos in which the FAA thinks he may have crossed the line. They must also know he was the pilot in any of those videos where lines were crossed.

I only know the pilots of the videos I post by E-mail. I don't post y own. ??
LOL
Not sure what you are rambling about but he clearly states he was the PIC and had nothing to hide about. The video was more about how to handle your self if and when the FAA might give you a call. During the video the FAA guy made it clear that 99.9% of the time the calls are just educational unless you become difficult and they will take it further. Like I said I am not sure why Ken pulled his video. Could be something the FAA did not want made public. So far I have not see Ken give a explanation of why he took it down. It is to bad as it gave everyone a chance to see how to handle your self in that situation.
At the end of the video the FAA said he was not in any violation of the rules.

Just caught the very end of a live feed of Ken on Youtube this Saturday morning. From what I could tell he took the video down because he did not want to give the guy who reporting him any more air time. What ever that means?

Reactions: Tufargon
Not sure why but it would seem he has taken down the video he made about his conversation with the FAA.

Only a guess maybe the FAA guy did not know he was being recorded. View attachment 134736
Looks like I’m the only one here left out in the dark; I have no clue as to who OriginaldoBo was before your post, what video you’re referencing, nor anything about his conversation with the FAA.

LOL
Not sure what you are rambling about but he clearly states he was the PIC and had nothing to hide about. The video was more about how to handle your self if and when the FAA might give you a call. During the video the FAA guy made it clear that 99.9% of the time the calls are just educational unless you become difficult and they will take it further. Like I said I am not sure why Ken pulled his video. Could be something the FAA did not want made public. So far I have not see Ken give a explanation of why he took it down. It is to bad as it gave everyone a chance to see how to handle your self in that situation.
At the end of the video the FAA said he was not in any violation of the rules.
I was rambling, i guess, because I didn't know what this thread was about. The only thing I found out, was who OriginaldoBo was. I then remembered watching a few of his drone vids. He has a great Youtube Channel with a lot of content.

Looks like I’m the only one here left out in the dark; I have no clue as to who OriginaldoBo was before your post, what video you’re referencing, nor anything about his conversation with the FAA.
Short answer he is a Youtuber who reviews drones and tech gear. 47 thousand subs so he has been around for a while. Not everyone likes his attitude which made one of his viewers report one of his FPV videos to the FAA. They in turn did a investigation and found nothing wrong. He had recorded the conversation and posted it to his channel which he later took down for his own reasons not really known to me. Something about giving the guy who reported him air time.
Like I said before it is to bad he removed the video as it was a good way for all to see how to handle a conversation with the FAA. They really want to work with you, not against you. ;)

Reactions: Tufargon
Getting interesting. Here is a post form Ken on his youtube channel.

"OriginaldoBo5 hours ago
Received another call late yesterday in regards to my first call about a different flight… this time not from Florida and from the northeast ? I’ll be updating with all the info in one video. I’m really getting annoyed with whom ever this person is."

Short answer he is a Youtuber who reviews drones and tech gear. 47 thousand subs so he has been around for a while. Not everyone likes his attitude which made one of his viewers report one of his FPV videos to the FAA. They in turn did a investigation and found nothing wrong. He had recorded the conversation and posted it to his channel which he later took down for his own reasons not really known to me. Something about giving the guy who reported him air time.
Like I said before it is to bad he removed the video as it was a good way for all to see how to handle a conversation with the FAA. They really want to work with you, not against you. ;)
Got it! Thanks Agustine ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan