DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Our Hobby Our Future

Yes FPV industry is gearing up to fight a bit more than we need to.

The FPV Freedom Coalition is gearing up, and it would be a pretty good place for hobbyists / commercial interests such as ourselves to be apart of and / or support this group . . . they have higher levels of concern with proposals than we recreactional and commercial drone pilots.

Yes FPV industry is gearing up to fight a bit more than we need to.

The FPV Freedom Coalition is gearing up, and it would be a pretty good place for hobbyists / commercial interests such as ourselves to be apart of and / or support this group . . . they have higher levels of concern with proposals than we recreactional and commercial drone pilots.

They are planning a protest 2/29/20 I got work but I hope it goes good and they get fair media coverage .
have you seen this one yet ?

Did they ever make the test for recreational pilots to take. I registered with the FAA some years ago but never heard nothing from them.

We here are supposed to be soon getting a new drone registration and (very) basic online drone rules test.
It is supposed to happen early in 2020, so we'll soon see.

Our air authority CASA sent an update last week about a new 'airspace' map app to be released soon, and replaced our OpenSky app.
Also supposed to be 2 other 'safety' apps, so not sure what those will be.

It seems we are slowly getting to our new hobbyist system, very much like the UK has . . . I was dubious about them getting their system going in a reasonable time frame, but then bam, next minute it was in.

Last edited:
Bravo, we need intelligent, level headed young people that can advocate for our hobby. I’m not a fan of needless government regulation of any kind. But to regulate a proven safe hobby out of existence simply because the GOVERNMENT wants to control every aspect of our lives is an overreach of miles not inches! Keep up your great work young man! Very well done.

They are planning a protest 2/29/20 I got work but I hope it goes good and they get fair media coverage .
have you seen this one yet ?

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that one yet.
Joshua is obviously flustered with this !
He's usually very calm and collected in his PFV videos.

Everyone here (even though it's very US focussed) should watch listen to this video, go to the federalregister.gov website in that video at 3:40, and leave a comment !!
I will do it even though I'm almost on the other side of the globe.

I'm even thinking of joining the FPVFC, must check out membership rules etc.

Bravo, we need intelligent, level headed young people that can advocate for our hobby. I’m not a fan of needless government regulation of any kind. But to regulate a proven safe hobby out of existence simply because the GOVERNMENT wants to control every aspect of our lives is an overreach of miles not inches! Keep up your great work young man! Very well done.
It is government over reach but it isn't being driven so much by them as it is greedy people and company's , Airmap Kittyhawk , Amazon and many more then I could imagen

Well, I'll hopefully soon be about comment # 13508 on the FAA remote ID comments page . . .

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine