DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Our Mavic 3 long GPS wait is over- well for me it is

So as we know and have read, Dji will be releasing a new firmware to fix the long dreaded GPS wait times and as most of you know i have been very vocal about this on the Dji Forum. I am glad to say that there is a fix and it truely does work, now dont ask me how or where i got this from but know that it works. I updated my firmware and in less than a minute i had 14 sats on the ground with home point locked. It works like it was supposed to now. I am very happy but unforuntaly i cannot share anything further than this but will post a screenshot of the new firmware build below so for those that dont believe me will believe.

View attachment 145201
My GPS acquisition wait times have been reduced to less than 30 seconds, when they used to be 4 to 6 minutes. Yey!

Hi. I'm new here but like seemingly a lot of people I am having a tough time with satellite acquisition on the Mavic 3. This morning I updated to the latest firmware and nothing changed for me in terms of timing. But I noticed something interesting. As I am holding the controller in my hand and watching the DJI app display satellites I got to 3 min of waiting to go above 5 satellites. So I just gave up. But just now I replayed the flight log from the Flight Data Center for that same flight and the log shows 15 satellites in 10 seconds or so.

Here is my question.
When I replay the flight why is the satellite acquisition timed significantly differently when flying live vs. watching the playback recording?

Can't figure this out.. Bottomline those is that when live I'm stuck with out a home point for several minutes.

Hi. I'm new here but like seemingly a lot of people I am having a tough time with satellite acquisition on the Mavic 3. This morning I updated to the latest firmware and nothing changed for me in terms of timing. But I noticed something interesting. As I am holding the controller in my hand and watching the DJI app display satellites I got to 3 min of waiting to go above 5 satellites. So I just gave up. But just now I replayed the flight log from the Flight Data Center for that same flight and the log shows 15 satellites in 10 seconds or so.

Here is my question.
When I replay the flight why is the satellite acquisition timed significantly differently when flying live vs. watching the playback recording?

Can't figure this out.. Bottomline those is that when live I'm stuck with out a home point for several minutes.
Can you try and refresh your Firmware via Assistant 2. Power off the drone after that and wait for an hour once update has completed, then do a test, also did you update your Fly app to the latest version including RC Pro if you have one?

Can you try and refresh your Firmware via Assistant 2. Power off the drone after that and wait for an hour once update has completed, then do a test, also did you update your Fly app to the latest version including RC Pro if you have one?
Thanks! Refreshing the firmware tonight and will check back in tomorrow. Appreciate the help!!

M3 standard
Firmware v700
App v1.6.4
Remote + M3 updated by pc assistant.

GPS , 30 sat under 50sec on cold boot.
After updating the firmware got need compass calibration messege.Calibrated , then got IMU error , reboot the drone and RCN1 , all good.
Quick test in night , M3 came home from approx 800m without any issue.
ADS-B is not working , selected on map low,med,high collision risk, still issue persist.

Reactions: BlairAir

Here is my question.

OK. Report from this am.

15 satellites acquired in 20 seconds. Much more better.

Odd things.

DJI app started up with a firmware download of 0.6 MB. Then nothing. No updating to aircraft etc. Aircraft showed 700. So it wasn't for that.

Then I shut everything down and received the updating firmware message and it stayed at 0% and never moved. I then rebooted everything including my phone and all seems to be OK.

Any thoughts from folks? Thanks in advance.

DJI app started up with a firmware download of 0.6 MB. Then nothing. No updating to aircraft etc. Aircraft showed 700. So it wasn't for that.

Then I shut everything down and received the updating firmware message and it stayed at 0% and never moved. I then rebooted everything including my phone and all seems to be OK.

I had the same experience with the .6 MB FW update prompt, and let it run. Could just be a refresh of the RC-Pro for use with the M3 instead of the Air 2S, after the main RC-Pro FW update. Switching between the M3 and Air 2S requires a small executable to be run on the RC-Pro, which is likely characterized as a small FW update. I haven't had the prompt reappear while continuing to fly the M3.

M3 standard
Firmware v700
App v1.6.4
Remote + M3 updated by pc assistant.

GPS , 30 sat under 50sec on cold boot.
After updating the firmware got need compass calibration messege.Calibrated , then got IMU error , reboot the drone and RCN1 , all good.
Quick test in night , M3 came home from approx 800m without any issue.
ADS-B is not working , selected on map low,med,high collision risk, still issue persist.
Disturbing that Airsense is not working for you still. After 5 months of never a single disconnect my RC Pro started disconnecting constantly after v03.01.600 FW and V01.00.0600 on aircraft. Got so bad I sent it in, and Airsense has been completely non-functional since the January update. This is with Low, medium and High Collision risk set. Not a single aircraft on maps. No alerts..DJI will not admit its broken. They repeatedly say "Airsense is there to keep you safe" or "It was tuned to only alert when risk exists" that's BS plain and simple. I have aircraft of all types where I live, right near an international airport.

My other Airsense equipped drones all work perfectly. Mavic 3? Nothing. Nada. I am more angry with the gaslighting than the broken feature, which is bad, because I an enraged about the broken Airsense for almost 6 months now.

Disturbing that Airsense is not working for you still. After 5 months of never a single disconnect my RC Pro started disconnecting constantly after v03.01.600 FW and V01.00.0600 on aircraft. Got so bad I sent it in, and Airsense has been completely non-functional since the January update. This is with Low, medium and High Collision risk set. Not a single aircraft on maps. No alerts..DJI will not admit its broken. They repeatedly say "Airsense is there to keep you safe" or "It was tuned to only alert when risk exists" that's BS plain and simple. I have aircraft of all types where I live, right near an international airport.

My other Airsense equipped drones all work perfectly. Mavic 3? Nothing. Nada. I am more angry with the gaslighting than the broken feature, which is bad, because I an enraged about the broken Airsense for almost 6 months now.
Is your Mavic 3 on Firmware v700 and App v1.6.4?

OK. Report from this am.

15 satellites acquired in 20 seconds. Much more better.

Odd things.

Battery update perhaps? If so, you will see the update message as you use your other batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929