DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Our Mavic 3 long GPS wait is over- well for me it is

So as we know and have read, Dji will be releasing a new firmware to fix the long dreaded GPS wait times and as most of you know i have been very vocal about this on the Dji Forum. I am glad to say that there is a fix and it truely does work, now dont ask me how or where i got this from but know that it works. I updated my firmware and in less than a minute i had 14 sats on the ground with home point locked. It works like it was supposed to now. I am very happy but unforuntaly i cannot share anything further than this but will post a screenshot of the new firmware build below so for those that dont believe me will believe.

View attachment 145201

That is good news ... does the firmware also fix the Airsense issues?

Reactions: Norval
You don’t think DJI is tricking their flight system to mirror satellites it sees to double or triple acquired sats would they?

Is there a way to prove they aren’t doing this…?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
You don’t think DJI is tricking their flight system to mirror satellites it sees to double or triple acquired sats would they?
That doesn't make any sense.
Why would they want or need to do such a thing?
There's no reason that they would and nothing to suggest that they are.

So as we know and have read, Dji will be releasing a new firmware to fix the long dreaded GPS wait times and as most of you know i have been very vocal about this on the Dji Forum. I am glad to say that there is a fix and it truely does work, now dont ask me how or where i got this from but know that it works. I updated my firmware and in less than a minute i had 14 sats on the ground with home point locked. It works like it was supposed to now. I am very happy but unforuntaly i cannot share anything further than this but will post a screenshot of the new firmware build below so for those that dont believe me will believe.

GOOD! This drove me absolutely BONKERS!!!!!!!

Well, is there a way to prove that DJI drones aren't secretly broadcasting video of us to China when they're switched off and sitting on the desk or a shelf in our homes?

(note: This is not a serious comment.)

• Haha
Reactions: Norval
Apparently I have been lucky, because I have never had long wait times. I admit it hasn’t been instant like it is with Mini 2 and Air 2S, but I always have full satellites within 1:30, and my area it varies from 19-26. Looking forward to seeing how that changes with the next update.

Reactions: Merrillie
That is good news ... does the firmware also fix the Airsense issues?
It does and it doesn't(I found out yesterday). So you do see the planes on the map as they approach but what I noticed yesterday is that when the plane flew overhead I got no verbal warning just visual on the map but as it got past 1km away from me the audible warning came up. I have created a post in the Dji Forum asking for this to be looked at as well.

I dont believe a word this guy claims.

If you suggest that the information in someone's posts isn't correct, you should identify the statement, and provide the justification for your opinion. More than a dozen of us have posted on this thread.

Apparently I have been lucky, because I have never had long wait times. I admit it hasn’t been instant like it is with Mini 2 and Air 2S, but I always have full satellites within 1:30, and my area it varies from 19-26. Looking forward to seeing how that changes with the next update.
I have also been lucky, in Australia my wait time would be under a minute and by then I have already done lift off and hover for a few seconds for home point to be updated if it was a bit slow.

I don't believe a word this guy claims.
Also did you see the firmware version my Mavic 3 is on, I posted that in the 1st post, the latest public release is .500 not .601, which is what my drone is on.

Also did you see the firmware version my Mavic 3 is on, I posted that in the 1st post, the latest public release is .500 not .601, which is what my drone is on.
I don't necessarily doubt you, but it really doesn't take much to 'fake' an image like that. I took yours and spent 3 minutes in Photoshop to change the version number yet again. You can't believe everything you see on the Internet.

Attachments

• IMG_1502.PNG.png
    IMG_1502.PNG.png
    675.1 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I don't necessarily doubt you, but it really doesn't take much to 'fake' an image like that. I took yours and spent 3 minutes in Photoshop to change the version number yet again. You can't believe everything you see on the Internet.
Nice work in photoshop but other users on here will back my claim including the Dji Forum so again you can chose to believe it or not, it is your choice.

Nice work in photoshop but other users on here will back my claim including the Dji Forum so again you can chose to believe it or not, it is your choice.
For sure! I'm just a bit of skeptic by nature. I'm hopeful that fixes keep coming down the line and if 'regular' pilots are beta testing firmware updates that we'll see a more capable aircraft as time goes on. I'm also a bit surprised that the actual firmware files haven't been leaked all over the place at this point as well.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
For sure! I'm just a bit of skeptic by nature. I'm hopeful that fixes keep coming down the line and if 'regular' pilots are beta testing firmware updates that we'll see a more capable aircraft as time goes on. I'm also a bit surprised that the actual firmware files haven't been leaked all over the place at this point as well.
You will get leaks about the fixes but to get your hands on the files itself is hard as only certain people have access to it.

Well, is there a way to prove that DJI drones aren't secretly broadcasting video of us to China when they're switched off and sitting on the desk or a shelf in our homes?

(note: This is not a serious comment.)
If they are doing that, they have seen some very unpleasant things. There is no going back now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688