DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Our resident drone Expert Chris Fravel reviews the Mavic 3 PRCS portable battery charger from Colorado Drone Chargers.

my thinking is a portable charger should work on a 12V system, in either a car or an RV

but that's probably an irrelevant criticism

the relevant criticism is a $795 price tag!!....wut? That's crazy. You can get 4 Mavic 3 batteries AND a DJI charging hub for less that that (Amazon)

I have the Mavic 2 version of this charger. It's not intended for recreational use, but it has two specific use cases:
  1. If you need to be able to fly continuously for unlimited periods;
  2. If you need to bring multiple batteries at storage level to full capacity in as short a time as possible.
Yes - it really requires a decent generator to power it once mobile, but for search and rescue operations, for example, that's not a problem.

Reactions: The Droning Company
So I'm trying to figure out if I'm just seeing things or are there really 8 battery spaces. I haven't heard any mention of charging for 8 (I assume 4 charge then the other 4 charge), but nowhere in the article is it mentioned. It's also not mentioned on the Colorado Drone's website either. So my question is, does one of the charging ports act as a "dummy" simply for storage and then you swap the batteries out when they finish charging, or is it automatic, after one set finishes, it switches to the other?

I’m not sure but you can probably go all day rotating 3 to 4 batteries.
If you are getting 30 min flight time with an hour or so recharge you can fly all day.
$795 buys almost 4 M3 batteries. Hmmm

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis