DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Outbound limits

I find it interesting that so far no one has really answered my question... Should the Mini be able to fly out further than 2,200 feet before losing connectivity?

I find it interesting that so far no one has really answered my question... Should the Mini be able to fly out further than 2,200 feet before losing connectivity?

I answered that in post #3. In an urban environment that is reasonable.

Let alone Camp Williams is right across the street from the super-secret NSA center... I don't think they'd have any trouble finding me.

That NSA facility is within the western boundary of the Camp Williams airspace.

I think the point that some have tried to make here is that when you fly illegally by flying a drone in an inhabitated area far beyond the line of site, there is a real chance for damage and or injury to people, places or things. Newtons Law - What goes up must come down says it all. While rare, there are instances where the Mini and it's family of drones can suddently lose power, fly away or lose control - which ultimately means that anything directly below it when it falls is about to get hit. Think what could happen if it hits a car driving 30MPH - or lands on someone's head - food for thought...

Reactions: Dan Bell
I think the point that some have tried to make here is that when you fly illegally by flying a drone in an inhabitated area far beyond the line of site, there is a real chance for damage and or injury to people, places or things. Newtons Law - What goes up must come down says it all. While rare, there are instances where the Mini and it's family of drones can suddently lose power, fly away or lose control - which ultimately means that anything directly below it when it falls is about to get hit. Think what could happen if it hits a car driving 30MPH - or lands on someone's head - food for thought...

Thanks. That's good advice.

Reactions: Rchawks and Geekser

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d