DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overcharge a Mavic Pro 2 battery??

Once again, I never said there was no risk!
I stated "Current DJI batteries are not catching fire while being charged on DJI chargers."
Prove me wrong! Saying they could is not good enough!
Saying they could is the only reasonable conclusion- they contain LiPO cells. You are proved wrong by the evidence- LiION cells are known to catch fire.

Saying they could is the only reasonable conclusion- they contain LiPO cells. You are proved wrong by the evidence- LiION cells are known to catch fire.
Facts, not bootstrapped conclusions, please!
I stand by my original statement.
"Current undamaged DJI batteries are not catching fire while being charged on DJI chargers."
DJI batteries do not need to be charged outside!
Show me the proof that contradicts my statement!
Just because they could does not mean they are!

Last edited:
Facts, not bootstrapped conclusions, please!
I stand by my original statement.
"Current undamaged DJI batteries are not catching fire while being charged on DJI chargers."
DJI batteries do not need to be charged outside!
Show me the proof that contradicts my statement!
Just because they could does not mean they are!
I said I charge outside the main dwelling in an area where fire would be if little or any consequence.

Here is the thing- you implied, for reasons you have failed to satisfactorily substantiate and specifically with respect to leaving DJI batteries unattended “unnecessary with DJI batteries on the DJI charger, as long as the batteries are not known to be damaged. Never seen or heard of any DJI battery busting into flames while being charged”. Your reasoning is fallacious on two counts- a “not known to be damaged battery” doesn’t mean there aren’t cell or circuitry faults or that none might come into existence. Also the fact you haven’t seen or head about a DJI battery catching fire while charging is irrelevant, at least to the extent it might inform what risks are.

There are numerous reports of LiPo batteries being implicated in fires, often with significant associated loss. Some of these batteries are said to have been drone batteries with some being DJI.

Btw- the general advice of fire authorities, insurance companies and most manufacturers is to never leave lipo batteries unsupervised while charging and if possible to charge in a non flammable surface. DJI specifically advises to not leave batteries unattended while charging (all models).

If you think you know better than the consensus or you aren’t interested in the reality so be it. All I have said is it is irresponsible to downplay the risk when asked the question. People should have the luxury of making an informed decision.

I said I charge outside the main dwelling in an area where fire would be if little or any consequence.

Here is the thing- you implied, for reasons you have failed to satisfactorily substantiate and specifically with respect to leaving DJI batteries unattended “unnecessary with DJI batteries on the DJI charger, as long as the batteries are not known to be damaged. Never seen or heard of any DJI battery busting into flames while being charged”. Your reasoning is fallacious on two counts- a “not known to be damaged battery” doesn’t mean there aren’t cell or circuitry faults or that none might come into existence. Also the fact you haven’t seen or head about a DJI battery catching fire while charging is irrelevant, at least to the extent it might inform what risks are.

There are numerous reports of LiPo batteries being implicated in fires, often with significant associated loss. Some of these batteries are said to have been drone batteries with some being DJI.

Btw- the general advice of fire authorities, insurance companies and most manufacturers is to never leave lipo batteries unsupervised while charging and if possible to charge in a non flammable surface. DJI specifically advises to not leave batteries unattended while charging (all models).

If you think you know better than the consensus or you aren’t interested in the reality so be it. All I have said is it is irresponsible to downplay the risk when asked the question. People should have the luxury of making an informed decision.
Blah, Blah, Blah. The narrative continues unabated! Feel free to continue the fear mongering, which I consider to be irresponsible on your part, without a single verified case of a recent DJI battery bursting into flames while on a DJI charger, among the millions in use! :rolleyes:

Feel free to continue the fear mongering, which I consider to be irresponsible on your part, without a single verified case of a recent DJI battery bursting into flames while on a DJI charger! :rolleyes:
Ok You had me for a minute. Got me a beauty. I am now almost convinced you have been baiting me and there is the clue.

Brand of battery (DJI or otherwise), how recent the event was or whether I might sight a specific example is irrelevant.

Ok You had me for a minute. Got me a beauty. I am now almost convinced you have been baiting me and there is the clue.

Brand of battery (DJI or otherwise), how recent the event was or whether I might sight a specific example is irrelevant.
Enough already. Walk away! We have both made our cases for the OP and anyone else reading this thread who hasn't already put us both on Ignore! Agree to disagree. Let it go! Truce!

Reactions: PAW
DJI batteries use the same battery types and monitored and protected in the same way as a common commercial device.
You're not moving your phone, laptop, camera, wireless headphones and any other gadgets on a non-flammable surface under supervision every time you charge them.

They're not unprotected RC lipos where poor maintenance or a wrong charger setting will make them blow up.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
DJI batteries use the same battery types and monitored and protected in the same way as a common commercial device.
You're not moving your phone, laptop, camera, wireless headphones and any other gadgets on a non-flammable surface under supervision every time you charge them.

They're not unprotected RC lipos where poor maintenance or a wrong charger setting will make them blow up.
No. True. Most take little is any precautions. And while rare all such devices are subject to fire during charge.

Enough already. Walk away! We have both made our cases for the OP and anyone else reading this thread who hasn't already put us both on Ignore! Agree to disagree. Let it go! Truce!
All I have learnt is it’s pointless arguing with you. I won’t make the mistake again.

All I have learnt is it’s pointless arguing with you. I won’t make the mistake again.
Thank you. I feel the same way. Our points have both been made. We agree on everything except how we each choose to deal with the remote possibility of a perfect storm occurring. I charge all my batteries indoors in the house. You choose to charge them outside. Each to their own. It's a matter of personal choice. Neither is right or wrong. The OP can do as he pleases, too!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky