DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overheating Temp

I have an MP2 and got the warning the other day at 95 degrees outside temp with 28% humidity. What the drone is set at have no idea but outside temp was 95 degrees. My IPad mini also shut down with the on screen message of overheating and need to shut down. When the drone came home she was rather hot around the middle (battery) so I would say that for me my operational temp is going to be 85 degrees outside temp or less. Lived in the middle east for twenty years and saw excess heat do weird things to equipment. Not worth the chance IMO.

Reactions: 4score and Dave14
I have an MP2 and got the warning the other day at 95 degrees outside temp with 28% humidity. What the drone is set at have no idea but outside temp was 95 degrees. My IPad mini also shut down with the on screen message of overheating and need to shut down. When the drone came home she was rather hot around the middle (battery) so I would say that for me my operational temp is going to be 85 degrees outside temp or less. Lived in the middle east for twenty years and saw excess heat do weird things to equipment. Not worth the chance IMO.

Does anyone know what the overheating temp is when the Magic Air 2 displays on over temp warning? Thank. Dave
I have a Mavic Pro, and use a Ryobi laser to take the drones Temp in Hot days. You can take its temp yourself, you should measure the most important part of the drone. The Heatsink the under belly of the drone, look for the hottest spot. and that is your max temp .On mine the internal cooling fan kicks on when the core board Temp gets to be 110 degrees or so.
I like to keep temp gun close and take temp before and after flight. From my notes the heat sink temp should never get above 125 degrees or you risk frying your FC ESC Board. Anyway that is how I keep my drone safe, from over heating.

I have a Mavic Pro, and use a Ryobi laser to take the drones Temp in Hot days. You can take its temp yourself, you should measure the most important part of the drone. The Heatsink the under belly of the drone, look for the hottest spot. and that is your max temp .On mine the internal cooling fan kicks on when the core board Temp gets to be 110 degrees or so. T
I like to keep temp gun close and take temp before and after flight. From my notes the heat sink temp should never get above 125 degrees or you risk frying your FC ESC Board. Anyway that is how I keep my drone safe, from over heating.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone