DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overheating

Alastair

Reactions
I set my Mavic Pro on my coffee table to check some settings. I fired everything up. The gimbal clamp was off. After only about 5 minutes or so I got a system warning that the core was overheated. Battery info all read N/A. I shut it down and was surprised at just how hot the bottom of Mavic actually was. I’m pretty sure it should “idle” longer than that, especially if I wanted to enter the flight simulator for a while.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Reactions: Former Member
I set my Mavic Pro on my coffee table to check some settings. I fired everything up. The gimbal clamp was off. After only about 5 minutes or so I got a system warning that the core was overheated. Battery info all read N/A. I shut it down and was surprised at just how hot the bottom of Mavic actually was. I’m pretty sure it should “idle” longer than that, especially if I wanted to enter the flight simulator for a while.
Any ideas? Thanks.

If it was too hot to touch without getting burned, I would not turn it on again. Time to get it looked at. If you turn it on again, any components that didnt get damaged the first time, could get hurt the second time.

Does the fan work? If the mesh in front of the fan gets a knock it can deform causing the fan to stick

As above the fan should start up within a couple of minutes, and then you could leave it sitting for long periods - but keep idle time to a minimum as best cooling will be in flight with props running.
Heat is the enemy of all electronics and there's a lot of stuff crammed in a mavic.

Reactions: Former Member
I always put a fan on when I powered on the Mavic or my other drone without turning the props on to cool it down when the weather is pretty warn.