DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Owner's ID details on drone?

Reactions: Simmo
Somebody posted this link a while back.

Thank you, I did try to look up past posts but nothing came up. Now I see there was actually a post, but it doesn't suit Australia as our drones aren't required to be registered (not yet anyway), and so the whole package from Amazon would be an overkill for us here. But thanks anyway!

From 400ft?
Yah I know, it seemed kind of ridiculous to me as well. Plus its moving and even from 15 feet and going slow good luck trying to read the number. I numbered my MA the way I understood the reg said I had to. I really wish they would go back to being able to put the number inside the battery compartment.

Also if I read the regulation correctly the number is supposed to be visible from the ground. I could be mistaken though.
The rule does not mention specific locations. It just states the number must be marked on an exterior surface of the aircraft (like the top). See more details here.

....Also if I read the regulation correctly the number is supposed to be visible from the ground. I could be mistaken though.

Negative. No size/font requirements what so ever. Just on the EXTERIOR of the aircraft.

My FAA number is on a label (Epson Label Maker) and inside the battery compartment. Is that not the way to do it?

As stated above... it must be EXTERNAL

Here is a non-technical write-up about it:

Reactions: Thomas B
It was changed a bit back so that the label has to be not enclosed within the aircraft. I also had mine inside the battery compartment.
Like I said I may be mistaken and apparently am. Now that I have reread the reg you are 100% correct. I was going off of memory which usually is a bad idea. I stand corrected.

I will put my AUS and mob numbers on my MA.... is there any place on top of the MA which should be avoided - like where the GPS antenna or compass sensor is located. I know this would only be miniscule - but there may be some metallic particles in the printing material.
frats,
Rosco

Label makers are the best. They produce clear stickers that don't get peeled off by accident, but are easily and cleanly peeled when you actively peel them. I use a Brother P-Touch.
As for what I label my drone with - I have my FAA number on the outside, because it's the minimum required, with a subtitle - "remove battery for details". Inside the battery compartment are my personal details for drone recovery if necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wendy205
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1