DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Palm Beach County

Hi Guys,
I just got my part 107 and I live by the ave(Downtown Delray Beach). I am trying to find some remote areas to fly(very few ppl or helicopters). It looks like there's two heliports( Bethesda Memorial Hospital and Hardrives Delta Nr 3 Helistop) all around Lake Ida Park. Does anyone have any idea where I can fly? I never flew a drone before and took a course and passed the part 107 before purchasing the air 2s. Any help would great. Thank you.

Hi Guys,
I just got my part 107 and I live by the ave(Downtown Delray Beach). I am trying to find some remote areas to fly(very few ppl or helicopters). It looks like there's two heliports( Bethesda Memorial Hospital and Hardrives Delta Nr 3 Helistop) all around Lake Ida Park. Does anyone have any idea where I can fly? I never flew a drone before and took a course and passed the part 107 before purchasing the air 2s. Any help would great. Thank you.

welcome to the forum, Sir DoorsFreak!
and congrats on your successful part 107 license and new air2s!

(tell us which course you found that helped!)

there are many places in delray area that you can fly.
check the several mapping apps.
google open sky is one of the easiest to understand.
the heliports should not be an issue unless there is activity there, but check your map.
you certainly have to keep a distance from the boca airport to the south.
you'll want to get lots of practice; try some of the less-congested more to the west.
i've had good flying over a few of the inlets in the general area; boca inlet shown below.
watch out for the wind at the beach however, it can get gusty, altho your air2s should do ok.
happy flying!

CMY8wxS.jpg

welcome to the forum, Sir DoorsFreak!
and congrats on your successful part 107 license and new air2s!

(tell us which course you found that helped!)

there are many places in delray area that you can fly.
check the several mapping apps.
google open sky is one of the easiest to understand.
the heliports should not be an issue unless there is activity there, but check your map.
you certainly have to keep a distance from the boca airport to the south.
you'll want to get lots of practice; try some of the less-congested more to the west.
i've had good flying over a few of the inlets in the general area; boca inlet shown below.
watch out for the wind at the beach however, it can get gusty, altho your air2s should do ok.
happy flying!

CMY8wxS.jpg
Thank you for the quick response and your kind words. I took the part 107 course from Pilot Institute. Great course! I checked Kittyhawk and the two heliports mentioned above require authorization. I would prefer a more remote area, but it looks like it would require a drive to the Boynton area. I rather walk to somewhere slightly off the ave or by the beach(10 mins from the beach) for my first drone flight. Would the beach make sense for a first time flier, or should I be concerned about winds? Thanks again.

Thank you for the quick response and your kind words. I took the part 107 course from Pilot Institute. Great course! I checked Kittyhawk and the two heliports mentioned above require authorization. I would prefer a more remote area, but it looks like it would require a drive to the Boynton area. I rather walk to somewhere slightly off the ave or by the beach(10 mins from the beach) for my first drone flight. Would the beach make sense for a first time flier, or should I be concerned about winds? Thanks again.

open sky shows clear on your beach north of linton.
your Air2s should be ok as long as winds are not over 25mph, imo

EC0C1F90-3A72-4C8E-B7CA-3F9AF2A99F44.png

Hi Guys,
If you are looking to practice, a great location is South County Regional Park in West Boca. Plenty of open space and multiple places to launch from. I’ve ran into other drone pilots there a few times.

Not much for filming but perfect wide open areas to build your skills and confidence. This is where I first started with both my drones. Only caveat is occasionally the large field across from the sunset cove amphitheater is used by paragliders as a launch area but I’ve only seen them there on one occasion.

Hi guys,
I know this a palm beach county thread but do you guys know the deal with pier park in sunny isles(north miami)? I hear it’s one of the best places to fly in the state according to most Drone sites, yet I’ve been told it’s prohibited to fly by the pier and anywhere on the beach. I’m there pretty often and I’m curious if there’s anyway to fly there. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi guys,
I know this a palm beach county thread but do you guys know the deal with pier park in sunny isles(north miami)? I hear it’s one of the best places to fly in the state according to most Drone sites, yet I’ve been told it’s prohibited to fly by the pier and anywhere on the beach. I’m there pretty often and I’m curious if there’s anyway to fly there. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
sounds interesting but i've not been there.
you can try to check with opensky app or similar.
some local parks have local rules, so you need to look around to see what's posted.
naturally i wouldn't launch from the pier or near people on the beach.
let us know how it goes!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada