DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PANIC

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a air 2S. I started the drone to to run the battery down to 60% for storage. The problem is I forgot to take the gimble cover off ,did not run very long
Do you think I hurt anything .
SIGNED WORRIED
oman

I think we've all left the gimbal cover on a couple of times. 🙄

Power off, remove the cover, power on, and check for any errors.

You're probably safe. :)

I was very worried, it's brand new and I have yet to fly it. When I turn it on it seems to sync ok and it seems to function ok
As always thank you Doug AKA Oman

I was very worried, it's brand new and I have yet to fly it. When I turn it on it seems to sync ok and it seems to function ok
As always thank you Doug AKA Oman
I can use all the input on this topic I can get.
Thanks guys oman

Doug your not the only one to do this. In fact i have now put red flags on my covers to make sure they are removed before flight. Have never damaged a gimbal from that little mistake.
Regards

I have a air 2S. I started the drone to to run the battery down to 60% for storage. The problem is I forgot to take the gimble cover off ,did not run very long
SIGNED WORRIED
oman
I wouldn't worry. I think we've all done that a few times by mistake.

Some people attach large bright-coloured tapes/tags to their gimbal cover to remind them to take it off. I think it's a great idea but keep forgetting to buy high-visibility tape when I'm out shopping.

I wouldn't worry. I think we've all done that a few times by mistake.

Some people attach large bright-coloured tapes/tags to their gimbal cover to remind them to take it off. I think it's a great idea but keep forgetting to buy high-visibility tape when I'm out shopping.
I think I will put some red tape on my forehead lol
Happy and Healthy Holidays to my friends
Oman

Reactions: Gagey52
@Oman, After doing the same thing a couple of times, I put a "Remove before flight" tape on the gimble cover. Nothing fancy. I tied a piece of Christmas ribbon to a wide rubber band from a bunch of broccoli.

I doubt that you damaged the gimbal at all. Enjoy that new Air 2S.

@Oman, After doing the same thing a couple of times, I put a "Remove before flight" tape on the gimble cover. Nothing fancy. I tied a piece of Christmas ribbon to a wide rubber band from a bunch of broccoli.

I doubt that you damaged the gimbal at all. Enjoy that new Air 2S.
My version is is some survey tape (which I happened to have handy) attached with heavy duty electrical tape (also handy).
I forgot to remove the cover several times with my Mini 2 before adding the reminder. Each time I got a gimbal error message in the app, but as soon as I powered down, removed the cover, and powered back up it worked fine.

Welcome to the club.

Attachments

• PXL_20211129_020012345.jpg
    PXL_20211129_020012345.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 29
SIGNED WORRIED
oman
You don't need to worry about taking your batteries down to 60% for storage. The batteries do that for you with the Air2(s).

DJI Air 2S Battery (All You Need to Know) | Droneblog <- read the part abt auto discharging

:)

Reactions: pommy
@Oman if you were running the battery down just having it sitting around on a table at home, it’s a bit less likely to get damaged than if it were in flight.
The gimbal isn’t stressed by keeping up with the flight movement etc.
I think from the sounds of further start ups being normal, you escaped any damage, and hope this is the case for you.

Oh dear I too have done that! Bit sad really but I have attached a Dymo label saying “Remove cover” on the top of the main frame just above the gimbal. Haven’t done it since!

To echo many here, you should be fine :). I too started the Air2S with the cover on, once. Powered down, took cover off and started up fine, no errors. I now have a label on the top of the drone that says "Remove Gimbal Cover", lol. I never forget now...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J