DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano App for Dronebase

I am still having issue is everyone doing it col by col or row by row? also whats your top row settings

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 40
  • image2.PNG
    image2.PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 40
I have done just over 100 pano's for Dronebase...Nick has been super helpful. My Litchi settings for my Mavic are 3 rows, 10 pics per row, and 2 Nadirs. Stitch rate is really good now. The last 25 I have submitted are at 100% with these settings - even with a lot of wind. I was thinking of trying to trim it down to 3 rows, 9 pics per row...maybe I'll play a little with it this weekend.

On a side note, I used my daughter's 3DR solo with the GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and it only took 11 pics for the pano...Dronebase stitched that one just fine too...and 11 pics was super fast. (2 rows, 5 pics each, and 1 nadir).

Thanks, been trying to determine optimal Litchi settings for the DB missions!

I just finished my first pano. Sean was great to work with. From the Dronebase side it's very straight forward. I used an LG K20 and Litchi and I kept getting capture errors. Litchi said my device was underpowered for their software. So I switched to my iPhone 7+ and it worked very well. I did 5 rows, 8 pics per row, 2 nadirs. Column by column works better I believe - less yaw frequency. It stitched just fine and they pay immediately.

Once everything was setup, it took about 5 minutes to shoot the pano.

I have done just over 100 pano's for Dronebase...Nick has been super helpful. My Litchi settings for my Mavic are 3 rows, 10 pics per row, and 2 Nadirs. Stitch rate is really good now. The last 25 I have submitted are at 100% with these settings - even with a lot of wind. I was thinking of trying to trim it down to 3 rows, 9 pics per row...maybe I'll play a little with it this weekend.

On a side note, I used my daughter's 3DR solo with the GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and it only took 11 pics for the pano...Dronebase stitched that one just fine too...and 11 pics was super fast. (2 rows, 5 pics each, and 1 nadir).
Are you doing it Row by Row or Col by Col? Also did you try to trim it down

How do I contact DroneBase (Nick) for questions. I don't see any contact options on their site.
D

How do I contact DroneBase (Nick) for questions. I don't see any contact options on their site.
D
Hey TheGameColonel,

If you need any help let me know... I would be more then happy to help you... we also have a Facebook group setup for just DoneBase Pilots if you would like..

Reactions: TheGameColonel
Do you have the settings for Litchi for a Commercial Pano on a Mavic Pro? Just trying to double check with an experienced pilot.
For Drone Base pano I use the following for my MP Litchi using iOS.
3 rows
Top row 0 degree
Photos per row 12
Width 360 degrees
Nadirs 2
Total of 38 photos, 9 mins approx. Add in some beauty shots in and gone in 12 mins, long before Mr Angry from next door can get his shoes on.

Probably reduce the total photo count but for the hundred or so DB panos completed never had one fail to stitch or be accepted.

For Drone Base pano I use the following for my MP Litchi using iOS.
3 rows
Top row 0 degree
Photos per row 12
Width 360 degrees
Nadirs 2
Total of 38 photos, 9 mins approx. Add in some beauty shots in and gone in 12 mins, long before Mr Angry from next door can get his shoes on.

Probably reduce the total photo count but for the hundred or so DB panos completed never had one fail to stitch or be accepted.

Thanks!

I've done 65 panos so far, about 70% residential, 30% commercial. I like commercial shoots because you don't get any nosy neighbors peeking out of their windows calling the police on you :)
Speaking of nosey neighbors, where do you park when doing a residential panos (in front of property or somewhere close by like a cul de sac or parking lot)?

Has anyone did a pano mission where they parked one street away from where the property was located and then did a waypoint to property and then did the pano? I'm trying to avoid suspicious neighbors calling the cops when I try to do a pano mission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929