DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama Issue

Looking at both. Big price differential and the only large differences I see in reviews are the speed of PTGui and its ability to handle HDR. Are those significant enough to warrant the $79 vs $315 price tag?
Not for me. Speed hasn't been an issue. If anything, the output for web of PanoramaStudio 3 Pro loads much faster because it starts displaying the image immediately, rather than first waiting for all files to download. If I hadn't already purchased PTGui, I would exclusively use PanoramaStudio 3 Pro. It also has a wonderful mapping feature with hyperlinks between panoramas, and the developer, Tobias, is very responsive to all questions. I do, however, like the PTGui standalone viewer. I use it for all the Mavic 3 in camera created panos on my PC to see if they require manual stitching in PanoramaStudio 3 Pro.

Reactions: PAW
Big price differential and the only large differences I see in reviews are the speed of PTGui and its ability to handle HDR. Are those significant enough to warrant the $79 vs $315 price tag?
Possibly, depending on your needs.

In my case I do a lot of HDR spherical panoramas — shooting at sunrise/sunset it's pretty well required for the images I want to produce.

Whether I would have bitten the bullet after I retired I don't know, but I bought PTGUI when i was working and disposable income was much more abundant…

I have never had much success with PTGUI.
From my experience it does not line up the photos and manual adjustments are needed alot more then my go to program PanoramaStudio 3 Pro so the extra cost for me is a no brainer and I will stick to what works for me.
I sometimes wonder if PTGUI was meant to run on a windows platform or was it designed for Linux and MAC.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I’ve not seen this issue on the M3 pano’s that I have taken. I have found that nighttime pano’s can be a focus issue.

Possibly, depending on your needs.

In my case I do a lot of HDR spherical panoramas — shooting at sunrise/sunset it's pretty well required for the images I want to produce.

Whether I would have bitten the bullet after I retired I don't know, but I bought PTGUI when i was working and disposable income was much more abundant…
PanoramaStudio 3 Pro can handle DNG's and the originals can certainly be preprocessed as HDR before importing, and the result can also be exported in a file format allowing for further HDR manipulation. I bought PTGui back when it was a more reasonably priced $129, and PS3P was originally $99. The latter certainly packs in a lot of value for only $79, with terrific, free individualized support, from the developer himself!

Thanks for your advice all.

Here's a weird one. Every Pano I shoot and process in Camera using the RC-DJI controller I get a split in the panno. However if I use the RC-Pro no split. Assuming processing power of the RC isn't up to snuff.

I was told that panoramic shots were being refined in the next firmware update.
Just a reminder to record all custom settings before updating firmware.

I missed the panorama settings last time I updated, and ended up not saving the individual images for a bunch of panoramas for most of a trip. 😢

Just a reminder to record all custom settings before updating firmware.

I missed the panorama settings last time I updated, and ended up not saving the individual images for a bunch of panoramas for most of a trip. 😢
Good advice! Then recheck them, and reset them, as necessary, after the update! Some change and some don't.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme